"new" sungard Charcoal film

Well, my old SunGard sales rep called me a few weeks ago. I switched to Llumar back in July. He thought I should try this new PerformX Charcoal film....

He tells me how he is converting Llumar guys all the time with this film and compares it to the Llumar ATR. "They tried to match up the color to the ATR" and all sorts of CRAP.

I tried it today. I did a 2004, 2 door, Honda Civic. Back glass was puckering near the bottom on the defrost lines pretty bad....about 4 - 1" pucks on each side, 3 to 5" up and out of each side. I have not had much problems with any pucks in the last 6 months or so......

Called rep and told him my experience and of course I am the "only one" who has had any problems....he tells me that the Llumar guys are loving this film....."Aren't you tired of paying the HIGH price for the Llumar?" Told him that it was not that much more and he began to argue with me....yeah it is higher for a roll and a bit more per car, but I get 15 to 30 minutes quicker with the ATR than I ever did with the Slate....so at $60 per hour....the math says I am saving money in the short and long run both....

Anyway, I just wondered if anyone out here is "converting" to this "wonderful" film or have even tried it???

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tintgod

I wasnt too impressed with what I saw at SEMA...the so called 30 is actually 35.2 % vlt...and the the 35 is actually 42.5 vlt...why dont they just call it what it is

Guest CajunTinter
I wasnt too impressed with what I saw at SEMA...the so called 30 is actually 35.2 % vlt...and the the 35 is actually 42.5 vlt...why dont they just call it what it is

:bling

Just tell me what it is... I'll sell it from there!!!!

He tells me how he is converting Llumar guys all the time with this film and compares it to the Llumar ATR. "They tried to match up the color to the ATR" and all sorts of CRAP.

Your first statement about switching films was right on :bling Funny how they always use Llumar or one of the other larger companies to that they are converting people from. I would stay with what is working for you. I don't like being someones guinea pig. :dunno

Guest vclimber
Called rep and told him my experience and of course I am the "only one" who has had any problems....

Standard protocol... deny everything and tell em they are the 1st... :bling

very shiny green film.

shrinks fine, installin is a biatch, needs more aggressive adhesive,

its a great company but I think they should improve they're auto films as a priority instead of just caring mostly with flat glass films.

I just got another redo notification to replace Perform-X previously known as HPW G35 under lifetime warranty.

Gotta say one thing about it.....it's as regular as clockwork and I'd go as far as saying that just about every job I've done in it has failed. :bling

As soon as the customer said I can't see out of it, it's wrinkled, it's dangerous, it's especially the rear screen, here's the roll number and film, then it's all over red rover.

I'd go to Vegas on it and win without doubt. :dunno

Devil

Guest Sprinter

the adhesive does need to be more aggressive, and forget it sticking to any black frit area on a suv or on a rear pop out window on any f-250 just does'nt want to stick to any black area, also the liner likes to slip around when your wet shrinking the side windows, the only thing I can say is nice color.

They might be trying to come up with a net % for an average glass! :redturbo:redturbo:redturbo:thumb

Archived