TINTING AROUND SPOILERS ON BACK GLASS

not too sure how to approad this, but on some hatch back civics and other cars there are little spoilers at the top of the back glass and it is hard to cut the film perfectly so you wont have any light gaps at the top of the windows because there is no black boarder to cut around on some of these cars.

whats the best way to cut the film properly without making a mistake?? taking the spoiler off most times... or is there an easier way of doing this???

If you don't take the spoiler off you can lay film on glass just under spoiler and shrink top as normal, then after shrunk pull film back up and lay it on the glass again leaving the top overlapped some and shrink the bottom and install and trim top if needed.

Guest BLACKOUT SoKal

the china marker sounds like the best idea so far....I usually just cut it pretty close to size, slide the film under the spoiler and hold my OLFA between my index and middle finger "dragging" it along the border. I pretty it up on the cutting glass. I think my next try will be with the china marker/grease pencil

Guest CJ Shades

Civic hatches only require 4 bolts to take them off unless it's a stolen spoiler, then there's usually only 2 bolts left since the other 2 get broken when they rip them off. I ususally take off that rear windshield wiper as well.

Is it just me or does everyone else get these turd 92-95 civic hatches in with aftermarket seats that dont move?

I did a wrx today with a spoiler that is about 6inches down from the top of the glass and about 4inches out!I justdo it how its usually done then I slide the film down and shrink some more.then apply.shrink & trim if necessary from the inside

Archived