Clio rear window shrink!!

Guest shrink king

Guest shrink king

Tried to email the file boys but it to big here is the url address I uploaded it onto youtube. and this was done without soap or powder and with no creases.

[/url]

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest shrink king

there was a tiny line in the middle way outside the cut out area no where else remember I was being timed but I fitted the tint it was perfect u have my word!!!! :thumb

nice job dude.....but...im not trying to give you a hard time..but I did see some crease up in the top left hand corner..were those in the cut off area?

:thumb

Why did you not post a close up with it on the glass so everyone could see it was crease free?

Also some of the spears/flutes you shrank looked as though they were being exposed to high heat in a small area which can make the film more prone to failure later on (a year two years etc)

IMHO dry shrinking, taking a large area of film at a time at a lower temp can be quicker and mean the installation lasts longer. But thats just my opinion :thumb

Guest shrink king

im just trying to show people how well this film shrinks it was hard enough to upload that clip cos it was such a big file ive been working with this film for four years now so I know how much heat it can take. just for you I will film I t outside with better light in hi res with closeups on the window after the shrink if you dont wanna t ake my word for it!!!!!!! :shock:lol2:lol2

im just trying to show people how well this film shrinks it was hard enough to upload that clip cos it was such a big file ive been working with this film for four years now so I know how much heat it can take. just for you I will film I t outside with better light in hi res with closeups on the window after the shrink if you dont wanna t ake my word for it!!!!!!! :lol2:lol2:lol2

Not trying to get into a DMC - its quite clear you can shrink film. Just a suggestion for the next time you want to post something like this it'll give you more credibility.

As for how much heat a film can take, the speed with which those spears were shrinking suggested they were under a lot of stress (heat). I have seen cars done six, seven years ago where the film has failed on the rear screen. What shows up most is the Zig - Zag lines where the spear has been shrunk. Especially noticable on wet shrinks.

I know guys that wet shrink those screens just like you but they move the spear as soon as they see the film react therefore spreading the stress. Still not my favourite method but just MO. When other people are trying to learn something this is useful to now.

:shock

Archived