Clio rear window shrink!!

Guest shrink king

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:thumb

WOW you tell em Tintim :lol2 I had to rant yesterday, your turn today :lol:dwiwd

:lol2:lol

Sorry dude - it just winds me up sometimes. You try and offer some helpful advice and you get the same old :lol2

Look at all the changes we've had from, Splicing, Stretching, wet shrink, baby powder shrink, dryer sheets shrink, soap method, plexus method.

I though it was kinda universally accepted that if you could shrink the required area of film at just the right temperature to get the film to lay just flat under no tension - you'd have the perfect method. Hence the double heat guns, infra red heaters etc which work very well for me. :lol2

Hey rant over better out then in :lol2

Guest naughtydog

Tintim - are you using the infra-red heaters just for drying?

I know with metallised films if you get the odd spec you might not see it until it dries out - thats annoying.

What sort of time do you allow to dry a window and how close to the glass?

ND

Guest Tint Technology

Thought I'd give you my views on the subject. I was Llumar trained, and has taken me a few years to do the Clio in one piece. I have only ever tried the powder method because this is how I was trained. I can now do the Clio using Llumar ATR and Sunguard Midnight range, can't manage it with their Shadow range 'cause its too thick. I have had a sample of Suntek sent to me by Vinyl Logistics which I am going to try tomorrow, its their HP range, looks thicker than I normally use, looking forward to giving it a go. :hmmm

I see that VL have been slagged off on this forum, as a result they phoned me to put their side , I have found them very helpful and samples arrived first thing next day.

I now it's frustrating to find your supplier out of stock but in the real world, if you are importing from the States you are going to run into problems, security issues, fog? I have known Llumar and Bonwykes to be out of stock, it happens, live with it or get a life.

I have a problem with using anybody else who is not the distributor, warranty claims??

VL approached me and supplied samples, prices lists, swatches, posters etc.

I requested prices to an earlier thread, and heard nothing. I rest my case. :thumb

Guest Diamond Tints
Hey firstglass, they do have tinted variants of the 12 Thou film made specially for them in the states. Its the Supaglass.

:lol2

Sun-Gard makes this film but you can buy the clear film in 12 mil, more or less the same but not tinted as the tinted version is exclusive to Penatgon just now

Guest shrink king

let me clear this bull**** up once and for all its no about winning or losing I told you I didnt post the vid trying to get credability and I thought that comment might hit a nerve I dont like the pentagon franchise nothing personal to you I have one right near me and I know so much about them cos I always have the boys who work for them coming down to my shop asking for jobs this is how I know so much. they have a dedicated sales guy who is constanly sniffing round all my main dealer accounts trying to poach them and the one near me do charge premiunm prices and get them cos they carry big company branding but I have seen their work and it doesnt justify the money esspecially when they dont touch or do anything about the white lines round the dot matrix. they may turn around lots of cars but at the expensce of the quality of the work!! not saying this is the same as your franchise but this is my opinion as u would say!!! and the answers to your questions vl did have sole rights but dont buy that much as suntek is not that well known in the uk yet!!! if you spend the right money any suntek franchise will sell to you so any warranty claims are valid and can go through me.. think if you read back over your replys it wasnt helpful advice it was patronising!! I am a professional tinta and I know if I put the same two car next to eachother one done by my local pentagon I know which would look better!!! I mdont just try to sell film if u look at my posts in other topics I do offer my advice and opinions so dont brand me with the same iron. im selling a product I use and will help un experienced tintas as it shrinks so well and if you read the comments no one has a bad word to say about suntek appart from their current supplier!! :lol2:lol2

Archived