07 Kia Rondo

Slick

Dealer here just got them in so I had 3 to do yesterday. Nice easy car to tint. Dot matrix on the sides of the back glass were a bit of a PITA, really coarse....but layed nice with a bit of heat. Door panels only have 3 screws, all phillips. Clips hold the panel really tight, after givin a few good tugs, I thought maybe there was some hidden screws, but nope, one last tug and all the clips popped. I love easy cars! :lol2

Just did one yesterday and yes the dots on the sides are a pain. I just steelwooled them and it layed down nice.

I computercut the patterns and filed the doors and everything fit great. If I had handcut them they would have fit awesome. :spit

Guest JUSTIN

We tinted one last week, and it was a passenger car. A lot of windows, like the mazda 5 and nissan versa (although on the versa I have seen it as a regular sedan so I have two prices for that model).

No definately not an SUV, Label inside door says Passenger vehicle. Different animal. Similar to the Subaru dilema I had a few years ago. Customer insisted here outback was an SUV because the commecial led her to believe it was an offroad vehicle.

Just got finished the '08 model of this....no more dot matrix on the sides of the b/g :thumb

Really?

I've just done my first one ever and it was a brand new 2011 manufacture seven seater wagon.....badged as a Rondo 7.

It definately had dots and like previous posters, it was a bit tricky to get the film to lay down on it at the top.

Sides are nice and a simple procedure with each door to pull the panels, you can't lift it off the top, the trim should be removed.

Got $450 for it which was ideal. :waving

devil

Just got finished the '08 model of this....no more dot matrix on the sides of the b/g :thumb

Really?

:zzz Yes really. Why would I make it up??? :lol2:waving

It may be possible that the model you get is different since I do a lot of Kia's and all the most recent Rondo's have been the same...without that 2" band of dots on each side of the b/g.

Really?

:gasp Yes really. Why would I make it up??? :hmmm:dunno

It may be possible that the model you get is different since I do a lot of Kia's and all the most recent Rondo's have been the same...without that 2" band of dots on each side of the b/g.

I'm not questioning making it up...it's an expression of bewilderment.

This car didn't have anything bigger than a 6mm dot matrix edge.

Archived