SunTek

Guest deanjones

Guest deanjones

What are the pro's and con's to this film? I've always been partial to LLumar, but I'm keeping an open mind and looking at other films as well... I read that SunTek was a great shrink and they have a good Carbon film. How's the adhesive? Is it as aggressive as LLumar's? How about price per roll? Cheap, Normal, Expensive?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing but good from me, shrinks good, looks good, great adhesive, average price (not the cheapest but not the most expensive either. I haven't been using it long so im not sure on longetivity but call them up, they will send you a couple sample rolls w/out hesitating.

Guest deanjones
Nothing but good from me, shrinks good, looks good, great adhesive, average price (not the cheapest but not the most expensive either. I haven't been using it long so im not sure on longetivity but call them up, they will send you a couple sample rolls w/out hesitating.

Excellent. I'd love to try it. I sent an e-mail... if they don't get back to me in a couple of days I'll give them a call.

Guest deanjones

So, I used the SunTek film on my girlfriends Honda Civic this weekend. They sent me samples of the Carbon and HP. So, I put the carbon on her car.

Is it just me, or does this film crease very easily? It's a very thick film. Thicker than most films I've used, but it seems like it's not very forgiving at all... After I did the back window, I noticed some minor creases that were easily heated out. Nothing that couldn't be fixed and after heating them down and running a hard card over it, it layed down... but it kind of astonished me. I handled the film like I normally do. I just considered it a fluke and moved on.

Did a side window. The way I pulled it off the board, I guess, made it crease up in the middle of the film. I had to redo that window. Then I did the drives side window, same thing happened! Had to redo it.

Overall, I liked the film. It shrunk on-par with LLumar and FormulaOne films which I'm used to. As a matter of fact, I over shrank the top left corner of the civic! Haha It lays down fast and works very well with dry shrinking (baby powder method).

The adhesive is as aggressive as LLumar and FormulaOne as well. Which I like. As a matter of fact, when redoing some of the windows that had a crease, when I pulled the film off, some glue stuck to the window. I liked seeing that. Nice aggressive adhesive. However, I have no idea how well the adhesive holds up over the years. Which is why I put it on the GF car. :thumb

The looks of it seemed to be nice. I haven't seen it in broad daylight yet. I did her car on Sunday night in my garage with basically nothing but fluorescent light. However, it looked pretty good. She had SunGard's "Shadow" series on the car before this and I can comment that it looked better than that film. Especially on the inside looking out. Better clarity.

I'm thinking I may use the Carbon series as a cheaper alternative to people that want ceramic without the price. However, at this point, I'm still a bit happier with LLumar. Nevertheless, I was definitely very pleased with SunTek. I may end up selling both... LLumar for pretty much everything, but if anyone wants a color stable product with a smaller price tag, use the Carbon. Not sure though... I'm old-school and have always thought of staying true to a single brand as opposed to using multiple brands...

Guest deanjones
It you dude :beer

:thumb

Yeah, yeah, yeah... :lol2

Nah, I'm quite sure it's me. I'm used to being able to handle the film a bit more rough, I guess and I'm not used to the SunTek film. However, as thick as it was, I would have thought it wouldn't crease as easy as it did. I'll just have to work with it more and get used to it, I suppose.

How about the HP film? How's the color stability and look of it? I have a sample roll, but don't have a car to use it on because most people I know what something non-dyed and color stable. I'm not sure if it's worth it to stock this film when there is the Carbon film which is color stable and not too far behind on performance and not much of a diff in price either...

I was thinking of stocking LLumar's Platinum Plus and ATX and give an option of the Carbon for a cheaper alternative to the ATX.

I use the HP line, both are good films, the hp may shrink a little better than the carbon but I think they both shrink good. I don't use the carbon 35 because in NC film has to net 32 and the carbon 35 nets 26 on the glass where the hp nets 32. As far as longetivity on either :thumb ive only been using suntek for about 4 months. I love their residential film, symphony series is awesome.

Guest deanjones

Wow, good to know! I didn't know the Carbon nets 26. Strange... I need to get a meter.

The Carbon shrank exceptionally. I'm just worried about the dye in the HP.

Archived