1978 lincoln continental classic

Guest the rookie

Guest the rookie

HELLO EVERYONE !

IM THE ROOKIE AND MY FIRST CAR IM DOING IS WINNING IT,S ONE TOUGH COOKIE.

THATS RIGHT THE WINDOW THAT HAS TO BE SEEN TO BE UNDERSTOOD.(BACKWINDOW)

BUT ILL TRY TO EXPLAIN. ITS A 1978 LINCOLN CONTINENTAL

THE BACK WINDOW ISNT FLAT BUT ALMOST LOOKS LIKE IT .IT MEETS IN THE MIDDLE AND IS BOWED OUT. ITS 5FT3INCHES LONG AND ABOUT 20 INCHES WIDE.

I DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT HEAT SHRINKING GAVE IT A SHOT AND GOT SHOT DOWN. !

IT WAS UGLY I WENT FLYING LIKE GODZILLA BACK HANDED ME. KAABAAMMMMM !!! :spit

SAID TA HECK WITH HEATING IT AFTER ALL I WAS GETTING BURNED ! OUCH.

ANWAY CUT IT PUT IT ON THE INSIDE TRYED TA LAY IT DOWN IT STARTED LAUGHING AT ME LIKE I WAS A CLOWNING.

IT WAS DRYING BEFORE I COULD LAY IT ALL DOWN . I FOUGHT IT AGAIN AND AGAIN .

( MAYBE I SHOULDNT BE FIGHTING TYSON ON THE FIRST FIGHT ?

DAMN IM GETTING KNOCKED DOWN. ALL I CAN HERE IS GET UP ROCK THE MICK LUVES YA YA SON OF A...GUN..! GETUP. GET BACK IN THERE... SO I DECIDED I WOULD GO WERE THE GLADIATERS GO. SEE IF I COULD GET SOME ADVICE....THATS RIGHT TINTDUDE.COM..................SOME BODY SCHOOL ME PLEASE . THE ROOKIE

rocketlaunch4321@yahoo.com

Guest haroldshouseoftint

:spit WOW that was a loud post

Easy window, what type of film are you using? that window requires little to no heat if memory serves me correctly been quite a while since I've done one.

How were you trying to shrink it wet, dry :shock

Guest the rookie

hello tintman 237

thanks for the quick reply ! im using johnsons window film silhouette 5% high performance charcoal ( 3ply ) I was trying heating it wet using simple water and joy combo.

im thinking of slicing it horizontily and applying it in two pieces bottom first ( I could be deranged though ) what do ya think

Guest haroldshouseoftint

I used to use johnsons, :spit 5% on the front doors

as far as the back glass goes, lay your film out on the glass with it wet get a basic trim leave it a little big, squeege it out and form "fingers" on the top and bottom of the glass the sides should be laying down flat then take your heat gun and shrink the fingers get it to lay down flat and do a final trim, and install it :shock

Good Luck

Guest BLACKOUT SoKal
:hmmm I've got on eof those pimp rides in my backyard, pulled the engine for a rebuild and thats as far as it got :DD The back window was shot out so I never got to tint it but it looked pretty basic to me. are you tinting outside? why is it drying before you get it on there are you wetting the tint and window first? how bought not enough slip in your solution :DD take it to a pro

Guest the rookie

NO IM NOT TINTING THE FRONT DOOR WINDOWS WITH THIS TINT, I NEED A MUCH LIGHTER TINT FOR THAT TO KEEP IT LEGAL LEGIT AND TO COOL LOOKING TA QUIT.

:lol2 I WOULDNT DO THAT ..... BUT BACK TO THE SUBJECT IS THERE A TINTER IN THE HOUSE THAT NOWS HOW TO ATTACK THIS WINDOW . :thumb

Guest the rookie

WELL I TRIED IT AGAIN I FIGURED OUT WHY IM HAVING SO MUCH TROUBLE WITH THIS WINDOW ITS.ITS............ITS..........THE ANTI CHRIST I NEED TO BE USING HOLY WATER NOT DISTILLED !!! IM GOING BACK IN AFTER I SAY SOME PRAYERS PUT ON A HALF DOZEN ROSARIES SAY A FEW EXORCISMS AND BREAK A FEW THINGS JUST TA SET THE MOOD JUST RIGHT .. I AINT GOING TO QUIT IF I HAVE TO INSTALL THIS INCH BY INCH IM GOING TO ............................WISH ME LUCK IM GOING IN :shock

Archived