2008 LANCER

Guest wicked r1

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Mo Evo

Yes it is an easy car as I did one today. HOWEVER, this car has a second 'seal' of sorts about 3 inches below the rub strip. It's a strong plastic that sits right on the glass. When I rolled my first back window down a couple inches there was a loud 'pop' as that plastic hit the edge of the film and of course peeled it right off. I asked the customer to not roll the windows down for 1 week! This is the same problem I spoke of not long ago on a new Outlander, in which the '08 Lancer and upcoming Evo X are based on. I'm foreseeing a problem area here...

Guest FilmBlazer
Just got I of these in today --- Way to easy , had to add felt to all the doors other than that it's a 45 min car.

Please elaborate "Add felt"

Guest wicked r1

the door glasses have a hard plastic that sit against the glass , so you"ll have to add felt to these or they will scratch the p1ss out of the film , or you can cut the top one out , Ive done it both ways , no popping if you cut it out

Guest Tintim
Yes it is an easy car as I did one today. HOWEVER, this car has a second 'seal' of sorts about 3 inches below the rub strip. It's a strong plastic that sits right on the glass. When I rolled my first back window down a couple inches there was a loud 'pop' as that plastic hit the edge of the film and of course peeled it right off. I asked the customer to not roll the windows down for 1 week! This is the same problem I spoke of not long ago on a new Outlander, in which the '08 Lancer and upcoming Evo X are based on. I'm foreseeing a problem area here...

Done both, pull door panels off they come off easy 5 mins each one. Make tint a little deeper, felt and you'll have no problems. IMO you never want a car coming back for peeling windows - its worth the extra time. :lol2

Guest naughtydog

Iuave done a couple of new outlanders but got caught short without the felt...I pulled the panels but those suckers may come back...if so I will felt them.

All future installs get the felt

Guest Tintim
Are we referring to the current 4 door Lancer that is the same as the EVO 9?

I did a current model one 2 weeks a go that didn't require felt. :thumb

Got a pic?

Devil

Hey Devil,

What I'm talkking about is not the evo - its the bog standard mode and the new outlander. From memory I think its just the rear doors which need felting - all need felting on outy. Same is true on new BMW 3 series the interior seal that rests against the window has two "blades" on the front doors both are felted on the rear doors just one of the is. This is also true on 1 series - we felt them as they scratch the tint.

:thumb

Archived