uk guys

Guest ray246

this may be a little late. but here goes for anyone else if you leave extra film on the srtaight edge. you can make a 45 degree angle cut on the inside of the glass rubber. to give you some hide space. all the way around the rubber gasket. then you can hide the light by sliding it back. and cutting along the stright edge

best way is how tint wizard said.....take the strip off the outside door which sits under the glass.....remove or loosen the panel and push the top of the 1/4 glass rubber with your thumbs...u will see it move outwards just be carefull not to break it!!.....take the rubber off and tint the glass. if u can put it in front of a heater while u r tinting the rest of the car. when u have finished the car I put vaseline on the rubber seal to let it slip easier but its a hell of a job becuase the rubber is so tight!!! I then use speaker wire to put into the channels on the rubber and start with the bottom of the glass in first exactly how it came out and then start pulling the wire so the rubber pulls back in place. :rollin hope that makes it a lil clearer :thumb:DD

Guest wiltshire wizard

RAY LONG TIME.

IF YOU HAVE STILL GOT MY TEL NO GIVE ME A RING WITH ANY WINDOW REMOVAL PROBLEMS. BEEN FITTING BLOODY GLASS FOR 18 YEARS.

THE GUYS HAVE ALLREADY GIVEN YOU THE PROPER WAY TO DO IT.

MOST WINDOWS IN RUBBER FITMENT ARE ON THE SAME PRINCABLE.

MAIL ME IF YOU,VE LOST MY NUMBER AND ILL GIVE IT TO YOU AGAIN.

CHEERS

CHRIS :rollin

Hi

I'm just getting into this tinting game and am just about to buy a load of tint, I've been buying just about enough to do each car until now.

My question is which film is best?

I've got samples from stockfilms in Barnet which supply Madico film and samples from Window films direct which supplies Nexfilm. The Nexfilm is considerably cheaper than the Madico working out at ?*edit* for a 36" x 30 metre roll.

Any suggestions on which film to buy would be great help!!

Guest BlackOut

Did a 1999 Range Rover at the weekend...

Remove doorcard...two crosshead screws under armrest, one crosshead on door release handle plastic trim(trim then slips forwards).

Pull card towrds you, clips are push fit. Lift card up and over doorlock pin. Release speaker wire.

Pull back foam weatherstrip (mastic sticky stuff needs released). Unscrew 8mm bolt that holds metal vertical channel in place - channel seaparates 1/4 from the roll-up window.

Undo 2 crosshead screws to top of door. pull off rubber gasket inside the car. Take care - metal frame - do not bend.

Two crosshead screws either end of door releases the exterior horizontal trim between glass and body.

Pull off exterior gasket, metal frame again, do not bend.

1/4 glass with rubber surround should be able to be eased towards front of car. Ease out, take to bench, heat the rubber and remove the glass.

Instal is reverse, obviously, but remember your metal frames. Ease corners in first, ease some of area surrounding the corner in, go back and firmly locate the corner then work your way around.

On leading edge of internal gasket, ease in corner, then ease in lower loose edge, then firm up the rest of that edge. Failure to do this will result in the lower edge not locating properly.

Once you have done one, they come out and back in quite quick.

Guest naughtydog

I do them with the panels in place, just push the quarters out by folding the rubber with my fingers, pull it in with some string. A 5 min job but it makes all the difference.

Archived