I'm starting to like the hacks...

Guest deanjones

Guest haroldshouseoftint
I've never tinted a window in my life. I just hang out here for the off chance that someone wants to be my friend.

:lol

:lol:lol:?:lol2 OK me too, so I won't fault ya for that one :lol2:beer

It aint gonna happen! :lol2:?

:lol:lol2:lol2:lol2 NO friends for you :lol2:lol2

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've never tinted a window in my life. I just hang out here for the off chance that someone wants to be my friend.

:beer

I think that's 90% of the posters on this site...

:lol

Guest Sprinter

one way to get around all the r&r's is to not do them, I will not remove any film right now, what for there's plenty of work that only requires me to install the film not rip it off I send all them to another tinter. it just takes to much time and people don't want to pay double of what I charge to remove and retint a vehical. even 100.00 is not worth it to me you call me your barking up the wrong tree.

so all thoughs who pull film its on you so don't come here and complain it's your bed so lye in it !!!!!!!

I won't touch a removal unless I can make the same or more (usually always more :thumb ) removing it than I will charge to tint it, also I require they purchase the whole package....meaning I won't strip it without also having them tint it afterwards.

Needless to say, I RARELY have to do a removal and don't mind so much when I do :hmmm

Guest deanjones

I've never really minded removal's... They never really bothered me all that much. I'd rather be doing cars without removals, but if I get one I don't mind. The only time I mind is when you get that brittle old and purple film that no matter how hard you try, it only comes off in tiny little segments. That's when I get a little pissed... but those are so few and far between. Yanking film off some roll-ups and then razoring some glue off isn't that big of a deal to me. Neither is soaking a rear window in the sun for an hour or so... :eyebrows

Guest deanjones
Dean must have more patience than the rest of us. I hate stripping film, no so much the rollup's but more the rear glass :klingon

I think I have more patience than most tinters. :eyebrows However, I can lose them too easily as well.

9 times out of 10, I'm just soaking the rear window in windex, slapping a black trash bag on it and sitting it outside for 1 - 2 hours. When I come back out, I start to peel it and all the adhesive and film comes off with no problem. All that's left is a nice clean window.

It's those really really old films that I don't like... the brittle ones that no matter how long you soak it, it still comes off in tiny itty bitty pieces!

Archived