Lettering for brow help

Guest timthetintman

Guest timthetintman

So my father-in-law tells me last night he wants some lettering done on the brow for his truck. im like sweet, such and such sign shop does great work with vinyl. but he says no, he wants an interior application using film.

so anyway, he basically wants the lettering "chevrolet" done in a red film (im thinkin bekaert) then layered solid with st inf20. so im kinda at a loss, since I don't nor have I ever done graphix w/ film. :lol2

I have seen the graphix done in film I think in an old post by leo on a van. my questions are, is that even the proper way to do it? to apply the lettering film, then go over it w/ a solid piece? :poke also how long do you think it would last in a west ky climate? Id be happy if I only had to redo this every 2yrs or so. and finally I dont computer cut, if this is possible, would anyone be interested in ccing the lettering for me?

:dunno

How About printed red vinyl mirriored so it will stickon the inside. The printed vinyl is very thin like film. Just a thought :lol2

Oh and I have used a place called signoutlet to get some printed vinyl but there a lot of places that seem to do it now

Guest Key West

Yeah, you can do graphics with tint. If you have a plotter, or access to one that would make life ALOT easier, but I have Hand Cut them many times. First, Is there a Factory tint at the top of the windshield? If so, just stop right there, 'cus an interior application wont show thru very well. If not, then either cut it on a plotter and weed and mask just like vinyl. To make it stand out better, I'd reccommend backing it up with a silver 20%. Or you can do it "old skool" and have your letters printed in reverse and tape it to the outside of the glass, and hand cut it. kinda a pain, but doable. My hand shakes like a dog shittin' pruneseeds, but when the reddot hits the glass, it calms right down!!! :dunno:poke Either way ya go, good luck. Post pic's when yer done!!! :lol2

Check out the graphics on "Some of my work". They were all hand cut!

Guest timthetintman

hey thanks for the replies

the top of the windshield is not factory darkened and I think im gonna give the "old skool" method a shot. :uh found some old johnson's mg05 I had left from a job like 4 yrs ago to practice with. I guess im gonna play around with different combos of film I have on hand, maybe I can get a ghosted look. I think it would be sweet and save me from having to order some red film.

and ill post some b4 and aft pics for sure :uh

:lol

Archived