XP in Kids.(xeroderma pigmentosum)

Guest Key West

Guest Key West

This condition is Fatal to some kids. Most of these families are overwhelmed with medical bills. The parents have to carry U/V meters and can only allow the kids out when the U/V index is below a certain # (WAY low number) Even with window film, some of these kids are sensitive to the amount of U/V that passes thru!!! With the kind of protective clothing required, and the restrictions this disease clamps down on the kids, there is no real quality of living for them. Here are some links to learn more about XP, and links to support groups.

I would like to see this entire industry getting behind a cause we can actually help out!! :beer:lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xeroderma_pigmentosum

http://www.xps.org/

http://xpsupportgroup.org.uk/

Guest darkdan

If I could find a kid near me with it I'd tint their house for free.

Of course, I'd be sure to call the TV station, newspaper, CNN, and everyone else to be sure to LET THEM KNOW I'm doing it.

Guest Key West
If I could find a kid near me with it I'd tint their house for free.

Of course, I'd be sure to call the TV station, newspaper, CNN, and everyone else to be sure to LET THEM KNOW I'm doing it.

We didn't contact the media, but they got ahold of it anyway! The news story definately didn't hurt us!! We did Ronald McDonald House here free, and were on the telethon. I even made the "Dealers Advantage" mag. :beer

Great idea..... It seems the theme for the film Manufact. this year is UV protection...at least that is what LLumar is really pushing this year. Thats what the PR rep for CP Films was telling me when I was talking to her about the Makeover house.

I did an install for a lady with this disease on a caravan. In her case, we had amazing results and it allowed her to actually do what she loved doing....traveling.

She still had limitations to some degree, but for the most part it protected her enough she could drive for most of the day. I also put a full sheet of 50% on the windshield to give her 100% coverage.

She was so happy, she gave me a hug, kinda teared me up a little because I knew how much it meant to her.

Archived