Flat Glass job, Suntek SYDS-15, "mirror effect" job

Guest MidcoastMW

Guest MidcoastMW

Hey everybody. I couple weeks ago I started a thread inquiring about the 'one way mirror' effect. I had a customer that wanted people to be able to see into their music rooms and watch the lessons, but have a mirror inside the music rooms so the kids and teachers are not distracted by the constant people walking by.

Anyway I used Suntek SymphonyDS 15 because of its dual reflective numbers. The film worked great, and most importantly the customer was VERY pleased with the results. I want to thank all the tinters that helped me out in the other thread!!! You guys rule. :lol2

Here's some pix.......

DRUM ROOM... from the inside looking out. Perfect mirror, you cant see chit from the inside thanks to that nice window you see behind me letting sunlight in. Plus the outside of the room is in the back of the store in a darker hallway. :lol

4-1-07003.jpg

DRUM ROOM... from the outside looking in. As you can tell from the pix you can see in great. This room turned out the best regarding the effect they wanted.

4-1-07002.jpg

ART ROOM.... from the inside looking out. From this pic you can see again a perfect mirror effect. (all those tables/chairs are inside the room) However, from a diffrent angle you can kind of see out due to the light comming in through the stores front windows. Blinds will solve this, but regardless it was a huge step up from no tint. :beer

4-1-07006.jpg

ART ROOM.....from the outside looking in. From this angle you can see that again the light comming in through the front of the store is causing some glare problems. On the right pane that plant, chair, and picture frame are all in the hallway. On the left pane, you can see into the room well. A few more steps to your left you can see in just fine. Again, a big step up from no tint. :lol

4-1-07007.jpg

KEYBOARD ROOM...from the inside looking out. Cant see chit. :lol2

4-1-07015.jpg

KEYBOARD ROOM....from outside looking in. Again some glare problems....BUT the light you see in the reflection is on a dimmer switch so the customer can dim that down to let people see into the room. :lol2

4-1-07012.jpg

ANOTHER MUSIC ROOM....inside looking out. TT pose biatch. :lol2

4-1-07016.jpg

FILM SIDE OF GLASS......I tired to get a pic to show how clean these windows came out. Even the edges are super clean. A few random specks here and there but hey...these doors and glass are OLD, and not to mention they had been painted about 50 times. (fun to clean, believ me :lol )

4-1-07009.jpg

Again, thanks to everyone on tintdude who helped a young grass-hoppa out. :? The SYDS-15 is an awesome film, I reccomend it to any tinter who has a job of this nature to pull off. :lol2

Guest MidcoastMW
Looks great!

Are the light levels pretty much the same in all places?

Thanks! :thumb I know its just more tint to you guys but Im just getting into flatglass so its really exciting when I get to do a job like this that will be seen everyday by lots of people. :thumb

As far as light levels. No they are actually pretty inconsistent. Which is fine.....they just have some lighting issues to work on. Like in that one pic, they need to dim down that hallway light. Also in a couple of the small music rooms the lighting is a bit on the dim side. I suggested that they look into getting more lighting or higher wattage in there.

The customer totally understood the more light in the mirror side room, less light outside concept and is going to play around with the lighting a bit.

That drum room was the only one that was a PERFECT MIRROR on the inside, and perfect visibility from the outside....but notice how dark it is in the hallway area looking into the drum room.

Guest haroldshouseoftint
Thanks! :thumb I know its just more tint to you guys but Im just getting into flatglass so its really exciting when I get to do a job like this that will be seen everyday by lots of people. :hmmm

:beer Its not just more tint, you have to be passionate about your job and excited to do it everyday, once its not exciting to you anymore :lol2 you wind up like a old pizzzy customer with a bad attitude IMO :lol2

:lol2:lol2

BTW If I didn't say it, job looks good even though its just more tint pictures :thumb:lol2:lol2:lol

Guest MidcoastMW
:hmmm Its not just more tint, you have to be passionate about your job and excited to do it everyday, once its not exciting to you anymore :hmmm you wind up like a old pizzzy customer with a bad attitude IMO :lol

:lol:lol

BTW If I didn't say it, job looks good even though its just more tint pictures :thumb:lol2:lol2:lol

:lol2 good point man! And thanks, I put alot of effort into it!! :lol2

:lol2 Its not just more tint, you have to be passionate about your job and excited to do it everyday, once its not exciting to you anymore :hmmm you wind up like a old pizzzy customer with a bad attitude IMO :lol

:lol:lol ]

So that's what happened to me! :thumb

Job came out nice :lol2

Archived