Imperfection in film or clumps of "film-on" ??

Guest deanjones

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Tint Technology

I clean my bottles daily, always use filtered water and Film-on. I have also had a similar problem, I think its the glue, always pushes out with a hard card, when dry, no problem :lol2

Guest wilcax

ive been having this same problem with film on as of last month. specs here and there that push out with a hard card, but if left to dry out its is noticeable. always rinse out my bottles when I refill, the only solution was to start off with a new bottle. I'll have to wait and see how long before this happens again. by the way I use those grey industrial grade sprayers that are chemicle resistant

Guest deanjones
I dont know about you guys. but after a few years of experience. do you really need film on ???

if so, try going easy on the solution. or shake the bottle before you spray :krazy

Umm... yes! Are you joking? Do you just use water or something? There is no way anybody can place a piece of film on a roll-up and have it lined up with the top edge to either micro-edge or shave it and get a perfect fit. When the summer hits and you're working with 90+ degree weather, if you don't put something in your bottle to allow proper slippage, you're screwed. Hell, I have to put more than the recommended amount in my bottles around this time of year because once the film hits the glass it will stick quick. In 11 years I have yet to see anyone not use some sort of slip solution.

All of the suggestions here have been tried... shaking the bottle doesn't help, I always clean them out before reuse... I'm thinking of just getting a new sprayer. It's not that old, maybe 2 or 3 months old. I haven't seen the same problem lately, but if it continues, I will try getting a new sprayer.

Guest deanjones
I think he was reffereing to using J&J or something like that instead of film on. I know of no tinter that just uses water.

Nor do I... That would just simply be hard core and I will never achieve that level of perfection. :krazy

I actually used J&J before Film-on/Dirt-off... I'd actually prefer to use it cause it's less of a hassle to use being that it's good for cleaning AND applying. :krazy Or, at least it always has been for me. However, I believe that you have to use Film-on/Dirt-off to comply with some window film manufacturer's warranty programs.

Guest wilcax

we use film-on just to comply with lulu's warranty. but during the summer time the bottles stink in the morning and you gotta use more to make it slip better. I prefer j&j's baby shampoo but cant use it at work cuz of the warranty requirements. and also in the winter it dries out my skin so bad on my hands it cracks, and sometimes even bleeds! any one else have this problem? I think it is the film on drying out my skin because it dries out the moisture in plastic and leather door panels.

Guest deanjones
we use film-on just to comply with lulu's warranty. but during the summer time the bottles stink in the morning and you gotta use more to make it slip better. I prefer j&j's baby shampoo but cant use it at work cuz of the warranty requirements. and also in the winter it dries out my skin so bad on my hands it cracks, and sometimes even bleeds! any one else have this problem? I think it is the film on drying out my skin because it dries out the moisture in plastic and leather door panels.

It's just the combination of excessive use of water and dry, cold atmosphere that is drying your hands out so badly. This happens to me every winter as well... even when I wasn't tinting windows. Just keep using moisturizer. In the summer, you have a lot more humidity and warmer weather to keep your hands from drying, chapping and cracking.

I used to get clumps back in the day. I use polysprayers though. I have found that you can take the whole thing apart and clean off all the grease that lubes the moving parts off. it isnt recommended cause it can lose pressure. I use palmolive now and I think it is the best solution I have tried since they discontinued suave baby shampoo. havent had any contamination in at least 3 years

Archived