am i safe or not

Guest tintgod

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tintgod
I'd say that if you're safe with one layer of that film, then you'd be ok with two, because it's pretty reflective, right?

correct it is really reflective on the outside....I think it is 54%...and the absorption is 40%..im just wondering if it will absorb more with the other layer on top? :lol2 .

Guest FilmBlazer

I personally wouldn't do it, I've had many clients request it, but it seems like a highly reflective film like that wouldn't add much absorption. You could ask the manufacturer, but the first thing out of their mouth will be, "We will not warranty such an application for either film failure or issues with the glass unit." :lol2

Guest VOLTRON

just tell the customer that you can do it but there wont be a warranty for the window or the film. I would think that you would be alright, it will absorb more than 40% but I dont think it will be a whole lot more then that, maybe in the 50s. You could put it up and check to see how hot the window gets at the peak time of the day when it gets the most sun and make a judgement from there. Or you could go with optitune 5 which it wont be as dark as the 2 layers but it will be good and you will get a warranty with it atleast.

Guest vclimber
just tell the customer that you can do it but there wont be a warranty for the window or the film. I would think that you would be alright, it will absorb more than 40% but I dont think it will be a whole lot more then that, maybe in the 50s. You could put it up and check to see how hot the window gets at the peak time of the day when it gets the most sun and make a judgement from there. Or you could go with optitune 5 which it wont be as dark as the 2 layers but it will be good and you will get a warranty with it atleast.

Opti 05 is a good option. :lol

Guest FilmBlazer
Opti 05 is a good option. :lol

I haven't used this film but I did inquire about it last week. There are reps on the site here and I had swatches in two days. Very cool film IMO.

Archived