mirrored - day and night

Guest Peter Elliott

Guest Peter Elliott

Hi,

Looking for the right product to have quoted from Pro-Installer. Been on the boards here before and got the right answer and not the run around.

Sliding glass doors that are mirrored for privacy, day and night.

So you can't see inside the house from the outside at any time.

Anyone here in Central Mass?

Thanks

Peter

can't do a privacy for both day and night, unless you have some sort of blind for the night time to block the view or perhaps you have flood lights outside and very little light inside at night.

The film is going to give visibility to the lighter side from the darker side.....

you simply can not avoid the laws of physics in this matter.

Silver or Bronze at a 35% range will give you a decent mirror effect and if you really want it to be the most reflective then go for a 20% to 15% darkness......BUT at night you are going to have that reflection to the inside even if you use a Dual Reflective film you are going to have low visibility outside.

Guest VOLTRON

You can achieve privacy during the day but at night is a different story. Which ever side has the most light is the side that you will be able to see. So during the day you wont be able to see in cause there is alot of light outside and minimal inside. At night it will be the opposite, you will have more light inside then outside so you will be able to see in. Like Dan said if you install some exterior lighting you will be able to achieve somewhat what you are looking for.

put up a 20% reflective film and then layer over it with frost. reflective day and night however you can't see out it anymore. I wouldnt recomend it for a slider but we do it on peoples uppers and master baths sometimes.

they want full privacy but want the tint to look uniform from the outside

my friend we get this everyday. we can give you the privacy during day time. but when its night time or cloudy days. the effect is exactly the opposite.

its a famous question and we would be millionaires if we had the solution :lol

Guest Peter Elliott

Thanks all, I appreciate it...

I would so it's OK not to be able to see outside at night.

Does that help.

It's for my Mom who moved into a condo and they have a common deck outside her sliders. She just wanted privacy for when "parties" are going on. Sometimes those are in the evening.

American Window Tinting? are they in MASS?

Guest mischief
American Window Tinting? are they in MASS?

Actually in Smithfield, Rhode Island, but they serve Mass (for over 25 years ...)

I'd recommend a nice medium film (in my world 3M NV-35). It will give your mother privacy during the day without making the space gloomy or giving the light a metalic apperance. She can close the blinds at night (or its possible that if the lights from the party are bright enough she will get a mirror on the outside even at night.).

The second challenge will be her feeling comfortable seeing people outside the windows. Even if her brain says they can't see her, she is still going to feel exposed. Make sure she walks outside and sees what they will see. Have her stand on the deck and try and see you inside.

Good Luck.

Archived