Picky customer

Guest mhun9180
someone who caulks for a living could mix up just about any color caulk you could want,

EVEN TO MATCH THE COLOR OF THE WOOD !!!

Find a pro , pay them to caulk it and be done with your film critic. :lol

:beer:beer

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Key West

If that don't work I take off my tool belt and say "here(hand customer my tool belt), if you think you can do better go for it! "(I HAVE DONE IT!!)

Well.......aren't you just the queen biotch!!! :thumb:lol2

Guest Tintin' Magician

There's always somebody out there making a stink about ignorant stuff. As a salesman I always inform the customer about a 5% tolerance to debris and a light gap around the edges. "It may not be noticable to you but, it will be there nonetheless and I would like you to know now".

Climber is right, if you give her the IWFA regs, she's just gonna say that she didn't hire the IWFA to do the job, she hired you! I would personally point out to her that light gaps are a blessing in disquise and if she doesn't want to visually see them, than you can offer alternatives and see what she does. :thumb

I wouldn't caulk it. if she is this picky then imagine how she would examine the caulk. if the job looks uniform and professional then I agree with what others said, something else set her off. doesn't take much for a customer who may be uneasy to start with. looking back, my worst customers usually give me that vibe even before the installation begins.

Guest pmuzik

Yep explain the reasons and necessity for the gap and if it doesn't fly take it of and tell her to :thumb cause your not going to make this one happy

My brother sold her the job and he was finishing up another job and sent one of his tinters to start on the job. I think she was probably mad because my brother wasn't there at the start but :thumb . Anyhow she is about 75 years old and she is deaf so when she talks to you she is SCREAMING and doesn't realize it then she has to read your lips when you talk back to her. I think my brother has smoothed things over with her but she is super picky and looking at these thin gaps yelling this is unacceptable. Her 2 sons run the biggest paint and body shop in town and I think she is so picky from the paint jobs they turn out of their business. Anyhow I think we are going to be fine, I'll keep you guys posted...

Good Job... :thumb

So many people get in a p1ss1ng match w/ a customer when all you have to do is listen to what they are saying & find out the real problem. It usually takes less than 5 minutes to find the real reason they are mad & start fixing the problem.

Always use the magic words "I Understand" :lol2

Guest haroldshouseoftint
she is super picky and looking at these thin gaps yelling this is unacceptable. Her 2 sons run the biggest paint and body shop in town and I think she is so picky from the paint jobs they turn out of their business.

:lol2 they turn out paint jobs with light gaps :poop:nope

J/K Sorry you left it out there I had to do it :lol2:thumb:hmmm

Guest BLACKOUT SoKal

I dont have debris or light gaps in my FG installs :poop the owner trys to do FG sometimes but when he pulls out the "edge guide" and starts cutting I just laugh :lol2 I use my finger as a guide and run the blade at a slight angle to pull the cut...a light gap maybe the width of the blade is all you get.... :thumb

I dont have debris or light gaps in my FG installs :poop the owner trys to do FG sometimes but when he pulls out the "edge guide" and starts cutting I just laugh :lol2 I use my finger as a guide and run the blade at a slight angle to pull the cut...a light gap maybe the width of the blade is all you get.... :thumb

There are plenty of the windows cut this way and she was complaining about that also. "I want no gap at all" If she could see even the slightest of gaps she was complaining.

Archived