Picky customer

Guest LukeNukem

Tell her that you understand how she has the need to be difficult, but if you don't get paid, the gaps will disapear when the house burns down. And then smile really creepy.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest naughtydog
Tell her that you understand how she has the need to be difficult, but if you don't get paid, the gaps will disapear when the house burns down. And then smile really creepy.

No were talkin...

The size of the gaps she could expect probably didn't even come up when your brother sold the job (maybe it comes up 5% of the time when I see customers). If it does come up I tell them there has to be some gap or you can't squeege all the water out and there will be problems with the film.

Only if it became a problem again would I suggest the possibility of caulking - but make it clear to her that this not standard procedure and that it would be an added cost for her. And then I might help her find someone to do the caulking - but I would have her then deal with the caulker directly. Most likely she'll calm down and it won't be necessary.

Guest VOLTRON
I dont have debris or light gaps in my FG installs :eyebrows the owner trys to do FG sometimes but when he pulls out the "edge guide" and starts cutting I just laugh :lol I use my finger as a guide and run the blade at a slight angle to pull the cut...a light gap maybe the width of the blade is all you get.... :thumb

to say you dont have debris is rediculous, everyone has a spec of dirt in every window most of the time. Also I use a 5 way most of the time as a guide and have never had a customer say anything and can get the same amount of gap as cutting it freehand.

Guest willie
to say you dont have debris is rediculous, everyone has a spec of dirt in every window most of the time. Also I use a 5 way most of the time as a guide and have never had a customer say anything and can get the same amount of gap as cutting it freehand.

I agree Vo, never in my life have I seen a tinter do a perfect job on everything he/she touches. As a matter of fact I have never seen a perfect tint job :eyebrows

Guest willie
people thinking they do perfect work is arrogance and also a flat out lie. Yes you can get perfection but it is very rare.

:thumb

You better mark this week on your calender. You agreed with me and MM both :beer

Guest willie
I know, its kinda wierd. Whats goin on? :lol2 actually u agreed with me though. :thumb

You want to argue with who agreed with who just for the sake of argument. :lol2

You win, I did agree :beer

Guest BLACKOUT SoKal
:beer:lol2 you sound jealous, I didnt use the word "perfect" so there may be a speck but NOT "debris" and hey if you need to use 2 hands and a 5 way tool to do what I do with on hand and just my red dot then hey :thumb way to go

Archived