Picky customer

Guest VOLTRON

man that sucks dood. I think that you have exhausted almost all options and she seems to be unreasonable about it. Sounds like its time to show her the IWFA guidelines and what is acceptable, who knows maybe after she sees that she will be ok with it (probably not though)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest mischief
Job is complete, our rep suggested doing the caulking and charging for it but I don't think she's going to go for the caulking. He also said we should've had some type of contract made up for her to sign (which we didn't) before we did the work so that she would be obligated to pay. At least it's nightvision and not prestige. I'll keep you guys posted on what happens.

You had no contract at all? or just nothing that mentioned the installation standards (size of edges etc).

Sounds like this situation is calling on all your negotiating skills. Sounds like she is being really unreasonable, but perhaps you guys shouldn't have continued the job after her initial complaint. Is she otherwise happy with the job (ie she isn't having second thoughts about the film being too dark and trying to get you to redo it for free)? Is the rest of the house picture perfect or are these complaints coming from left field (ie she might be certifiably crazy)

this winter I've run into two or three jobs where the wife was all ready to go and the husband seems to have early onset alsihemers (sp) and goes crazy about something. Fortunately, none of them closed.

Is there anyone you can get involved that she might listen to? Like a child or trusted neighbor? Use them as an arbitrator.

But whatever you do, don't touch any of the film until you have an agreement on (and maybe a check in escrow) under what conditions you are going to get paid and who is in charge of deciding when those conditions are met! Inspecting film with a flash light is not an acceptable standard.

Im getting depressed just reading about this. I can't imagine what you are feeling. Good luck!

Guest Key West
Job is complete, our rep suggested doing the caulking and charging for it but I don't think she's going to go for the caulking. He also said we should've had some type of contract made up for her to sign (which we didn't) before we did the work so that she would be obligated to pay. At least it's nightvision and not prestige. I'll keep you guys posted on what happens.

Betcha have a contract next time!!! I feel yer pain. Thats why I went to a contract on residential. I also put a copy of the IWFA visual standards as an addendum to the contract. Mine was a rather small job, sux real bad that you might have to eat this one. :lol

Contact Roach, he may be able to helpya out on the contract to use. :dunno

Guest Key West
Well she's refusing to pay until she's satisified. My brother said she walked around all the windows this morning with a flashlight and looking like 4 inches from the glass with the flashlight pointing out where the film is cut. She wants about 25 big windows redone that are perfect to begin with. What to do :dunno .

Take her to court, along with a copy of the IWFA visuals. Get testimonials from past custys, and maybe another tinter or two to have a look see and give thier professional opinion :lol Don't see how ya can loose, butu then again, stranger things have happened.

Guest Bulldog

I've only had one in a lifetime like this...would not acept the width of an olfa blade at the edges :dunno

Go back and take your film off. Easier than suing. It'll be the ONLY time in your life that you'll have to eat a job like this. :lol

Guest BLACKOUT SoKal

I say pull the film and fluck that blitch

a speck is debris professor, and I can free hand I chose not to.

ok professor :dunno

:lol2:lol2:lol2:lol2

I'm still trying to figure this one hand deal out. Must be like sipping tea and holding the tea cup :lol

:nope I cant tell you my secrets :lol

yea look at the big brain on this guy.

:lol2:lol

Guest BLACKOUT SoKal
any foriegn object in the film is considered debris.

are you reading that from a dictionary or something professor? I prefer to call it trash

Archived