placed an order today for QDP 5,20,30,40, all 40" rolls, hope im making a good move. After reading alot of positive feedback about the film & some negative on shrinking , I decided to give it a shot. Im used to sungards slate line & the thickness for atleast the last 8 years or so. I've sampled many films along the way, having a hard time finding the right NR film. Beakart sent me a sample of the all new supreme & it was too thin for my style & crazy vlt's, carbon line shrinks well but kind of brown, didn't care much for shadow, reminds me of the old shadow line just thicker. I hope qdp is thicker!? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey I switched from that same film to global and it is hard to shrink at first! Please if you have any questions email me at shwusyrtnts@msn.com I will be more than willing to give you some pointers. Its a great film when you learn how to use it tottaly different than slate though. Trust me on that my friend it will be like learning all over again!

placed an order today for QDP 5,20,30,40, all 40" rolls, hope im making a good move. After reading alot of positive feedback about the film & some negative on shrinking , I decided to give it a shot. Im used to sungards slate line & the thickness for atleast the last 8 years or so. I've sampled many films along the way, having a hard time finding the right NR film. Beakart sent me a sample of the all new supreme & it was too thin for my style & crazy vlt's, carbon line shrinks well but kind of brown, didn't care much for shadow, reminds me of the old shadow line just thicker. I hope qdp is thicker!? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Why order so many rolls if you haven't tried it? I would have started with one roll and went from there?

Why order so many rolls if you haven't tried it? I would have started with one roll and went from there?

Yeah I hope you don't regret it. the qdp has awesome color and clarity if you can get used to shrinking it you'll be golden. Darkdan posted a video on youtube which shows how to shrink the stuff, I'll have to try his shrink method myself, it's more handson compared to other films.

Guest BLACKOUT SoKal

if the only negative you've heard is about the shrinking then you wont have any problems at all...after SEMA06 I bought a roll as soon as I got home just because of its great shrinkability. The film is actually made to shrink and stretch unlike other films which simply have the capability of bieng shrunk. You wont be disappointed from what I've seen with the film :lol2

Archived