I just tryed my sample box of qd plus on a acura 1.6 EL annnd I wasnt happy with the shrinkability at all, I think theres something wrong with my roll cause I was creasing it like crazzzy when I was trying to shirink any corner on the window, the middles and flatter areas of the glass went pretty good, but just on the corners it seems like the film wasnt reacting to the heat I was giving it, which usally makes it swiggle a lil bit, but it had no reaction at all, and when I tryed to gently lay it flat it would crease on me. I swear that theres goot be something wrong with the film I got.

Hey Dan did you figure out this film yet? If you need any tips it is a different film from what I was used to but the more I use it the more I love it!! I think it just has to be handled a little more :gasp And more heat over a larger area of window not just concentrated on one "finger" watch DarkD's video again it shows it :poop

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest darkdan

Yeah, I can't wet shrink it to save my life.

Little fingers on sides are okay. I wet shrink corvette side windows just the same way I do dry. Heat, smooth, move.

the thing about I love global, the way the film is made, you get cleaner installs, the adhesive is strong, sticks to the dot matrix very good, if you need to hide a speck, hair, whatever you leave on there, you heat it up and it goes away. not like I get things like this all the time :gasp . on back windows fingers on the side you heat up just a tad bit and they go away. you dont have to work extra hard, extra time on. perfect adhesive. ripping and redoing a window is a biatch, glue all over!!! :poop

mmm I tryed a back glass a second time, I layed the bottom hald of the window really good, but the top half both corners were giving me trouble. hey dark dan, u wanna make a clip of the top half of the back glass for me to see how you are doing the corners, if your pulling the corners at all or nething. a video would help me out alot here.

mmm I tryed a back glass a second time, I layed the bottom hald of the window really good, but the top half both corners were giving me trouble. hey dark dan, u wanna make a clip of the top half of the back glass for me to see how you are doing the corners, if your pulling the corners at all or nething. a video would help me out alot here.

I was having the same problem before shrinking the glass when your setting the film pull the center a little tighter. That seemed to help me a bit. Also try to work those corners towards the center more while you are shrinking it sounds like your shrinking the center first? :rollin

Guest darkdan

Sadly, my digital camera only makes 30 second clips.

Corners are always going to be a hard spot. I use all kind of things to get it done.

Sometimes I lift it a bit, sometimes I pull it a bit. Also, if you work it out at a 45 degree angle (something my brother taught me) you can fix some amazing problems.

Leave yourself plenty of extra film on the edges and just keep heating. It will go down.

Also, on some back glass I'll "pre-shrink" the corners a bit. I'll heat them without touching them at all. Then start shrinking as I normally do. By the time I get to the corner there's a lot less to shrink.

Archived