Skylight tint question

Guest crwmlw

Guest crwmlw

Hi everyone Im adding a question that I just thought of. Im having my skylight filmed and Im not sure if its Tempered galss and the installer says I can go with the Suntek Symphony SYDS 15? Is this ok? A friend of mine said his installer says no? Any ideas?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest vclimber

It should be tempered and if so, then yes you can use the SYDS15. But sometimes skylights are tempered and laminated. If that is the case, then NO you shouldn't use the SYDS15. Look for the bug in the corner of the glass and it can identify what kind of glass you have.

Guest vclimber
What does it say to indicate laminated? Just that - laminated? or are there code letters?

It usually says "laminated" or something to that effect

Guest BLACKOUT SoKal

if I remember correctly thats a pretty reflective film...silver mirror look is what I remember....I say go for it :lol2 they say not to go to dark for house tint but I did a small window near the over hang of my nieghbors with auto 5% and havent had any problems...been really hot and sunny lately so if it hasnt cracked yet im sayin its not gonna :lol2 there all myths until it happens to me :lol2

Ok thanks, All I can read on the bug in the corner is Velux tempered glass. How do I know if its laminated?

The exterior lite is always tempered - it's the interior lite you need to be concerned about. Can you tell if the "tempered" writing is on the interior or the exterior lite? Sometimes we come across skylites without any writing - which I always then assume are laminated.

Guest crwmlw

Ok Iwas seeing double for a minute and thats because the stamp is in the same spot on both windows. They both say Velux tempered glass with a bunch of aplhanumeric symbols as well. If it was laminated would it say?

Archived