Skylight tint question

Guest crwmlw

if I remember correctly thats a pretty reflective film...silver mirror look is what I remember....I say go for it :lol2 they say not to go to dark for house tint but I did a small window near the over hang of my nieghbors with auto 5% and havent had any problems...been really hot and sunny lately so if it hasnt cracked yet im sayin its not gonna :lol2 there all myths until it happens to me :lol2

:lol2 in this area I have seen most windows that are going to have problems, have them when its cold....maybe because of more temp. extremes? :lol2 just my experience....but then again....maybe thats cuz its canada...and its always cold here!!! :lol2:lol2 in fact....snow storm warning on the weather for tomorrow :lol2

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest windoworx

100 plus Velux skylights with mostly R-20 and some R-35 with occational bronze. Never had a problem. No reason to change a good thing.

Guest vclimber
So I should be ok with the SYDS15?

Probably so, but that doesn't mean a lot because you want to have a warranty on the glass. Well I'd ask your Suntek Dist if you are covered by warranty or not. :lol2

Guest darkdan
:lol2 in this area I have seen most windows that are going to have problems, have them when its cold....maybe because of more temp. extremes? :lol2 just my experience....but then again....maybe thats cuz its canada...and its always cold here!!! :lol2:lol2 in fact....snow storm warning on the weather for tomorrow :lol2

Temperature difference across the pane causes the most problems.

Archived