newbie questions

Guest malidewd

Guest malidewd

WE JUST STARTED DOING WINDOW TINTING AT OUR SHOP. WE HAVE TRIED ON SEVERAL DIFFERENT VEHICLES AND HAD ONLY ONE TURN OUT. MOST OF THEM WERE EMPLOYEE VEHICLES SO NO MAD CUSTOMERS, BUT WE DON'T KNOW WHAT WE ARE DOING WRONG. DO WE CUT THE FILM ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE ROLLDOWNS OR THE INSIDE? WE WANT TO DO MY 2002 TAURUS, BUT THE back glass HAS BEAT US TWICE. I KNOW THAT TINT SHRINKS TO THE FACTORY EDGE, BUT WE HAVE A 60 INCH ROLL. SHOULD WE BE USING 40 INCH ROLLS FOR back glass'S? SHOULD WE TAKE THE TIME TO PULL PANELS OR JUST TAPE THE FELTS? ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

P.S. CAMARA WINDOWS ONE PIECE OR TWO?

Guest haroldshouseoftint

WHAT DID YOU SAY :duck

:D Easy on the caps lock :hmmm

02 Taurus not the easiest of cars, Yank the panels and you can use a 60" roll, just cut it down to 36 or 40 whatever you prefer

Take your time shrinking it, if your just learning, it WILL take a while, you won't be an overnight sucess as a tinter :D

I am assuming by camara you mean camero and yes that is an easy 1 piece window.

Everything should be done in 1 piece if using a standard film, when you get into some higher end films some windows you need to piece, but once done it will look like 1 piece.

Good Luck you will need it :hmmm

This is not a stab, just a reality check.

Window tinting is not something you are going to learn in even 3 months of doing it day in, day out even with a pro holding your hand the entire time. I would venture to guess that most installers, with proper training and constant practice and cars to work on, that at the 6 month mark they are probably close enough that they can be cut loose, but they will still require help for the next year or so, which at this point they, again with proper training and constant practice, should be forming into a very skilled installer. But even then, they will still be working out the bugs, and will continue to for many years.

heres something else you need to think about before jumping into the tinting biz. just when you think that you got a car down pat and you think that you know everything that there is to know about that car. the car manufacturer will change the design of the car and the windows and then you have to reteach yourself how to tint the same car you thought that your were so good at tinting

Guest Reflexxions

First of all you need to get a video or take a class to see what's going on . Some one on here has/does both it would help you alot to get the basic's of how to . Practice's makes perfect so stay at it and you will figure it out after awhile.

Guest malidewd

Did my first back glass yesterday! Did it pretty much by myself. Words of wisdom is about all the help I got. Did it on my 2002 Taurus. Did the quarter glass on both sides also. I thought it turned out pretty good for my first time. I still have the back rollups to do on tuesday. I'll post some pics when I'm done.

Archived