Rear Deck of a '97 Cavalier

Guest str0ngh01d

Guest str0ngh01d

Does the rear deck come out, or does the third brake light come out to tint the whole window? The first time I tinted it awhile back, I did it in strips (don't tell anyone) and I cut around the light. It looks ghetto as hell. Trying to be as professional as possible now. A perfectionist...if you will.

Guest Reflexxions

I think you have to pull the deck on that one to get behind it . Pull the back seat and trim panels by the back glass but be careful with the clips on the trim the plastic will break if you get rough with it . Or if you get a bulldozer squeegee you dont have to pull the deck .

yeah....ya gotta pull those panels by the back glass that go up over the back door. been a while so im trying to remember...the plastic on the sides behind the seat....you pull the plastic plug out then they pull out sidways (or is that the 2 door? no....I think the 4 door has them too.) if it has the baby seat anchor thingys, you will have to pull the plastic around them out then the panel pulls right out. sometimes it pulls hard because some of the fibers get stuck to the urathane...give them a tug though and it should come. then the light just slides out...no screws if I member right. :krazy hope that helps....clear as mud? :lol2

Yup, what he said. Drop the back of the rear seat, remove two round flat clips that hold the plastic edge thingies remove those, remove the baby seat plastic things, they just pop up easily then slide the rear deck out. If the carpet seems to be stuck to the urethane then use your olfa with your :krazy blade slid out quite a bit and carefully reach over the top of the deck and run the blade along the stuck edge. CAREFULLY cut the stuck fibers then pull the deck out. The brake light then slides towards you, unplug it and get it out of the way and tint away! :lol2

With the 2 drs , the 2 plastic panels come out, however with the 4 dr, they don't .

Something that wasn't mentioned so I'll stress it you, with the 4 dr , you have to be careful not to break the plastic seat belt guides on each side of the deck..if your not careful, it can easily happen..other than that, it's a 1 minute removal procedure :krazy

With the 2 drs , the 2 plastic panels come out, however with the 4 dr, they don't .

Something that wasn't mentioned so I'll stress it you, with the 4 dr , you have to be careful not to break the plastic seat belt guides on each side of the deck..if your not careful, it can easily happen..other than that, it's a 1 minute removal procedure :krazy

Yup! What he said. I forgot about the seat belt guides. :lol2

I think you have to pull the deck on that one to get behind it . Pull the back seat and trim panels by the back glass but be careful with the clips on the trim the plastic will break if you get rough with it . Or if you get a bulldozer squeegee you dont have to pull the deck .

:krazy Trust the bulldozer,the gray one :lol2 just be careful and really wet the film so it slides

Archived