Suntek SYDS35

Guest crwmlw

Guest crwmlw

Hello everyone, thanks for all the help with prior questions. I was able to get my hands on a piece of SYDS35 which is what I thought I wanted and Im not sure Im happy with it. It does help a little with glare for my Plasma but not much. Now I already know for the glare to be reduced even more I would have to go with a darker film like the 15 or 25 correct? I cant use 25 because im using window shades as well. The problem to me and my wife is the mirror look from the outside. There is no way around this right? Any other films that would give me what im lookimg for without the mirror look on the outside?

Guest darkdan

Correct for the 15th time.

Dark films are always going to be reflective!

Your choices are:

a.) Dark mirror

b.) Light less reflective

Sorry, that's how it works.

Think about 3M Night Vision 25. It's a dual reflective 25% that has some shine to it, but not nearly as much as the 15s.

nv25entry.jpg

The doors and big window are tinted, the three on the right are not.

Even 15%/25% won't eliminate glare off your TV. The only thing that will do that is no light.

Guest vclimber

Can't remember what kind of glass you have :krazy but if it is Tempered then you could try Lllumar DL 15. Dark and lower reflectivity than most 15% films.

Guest vclimber
yeah check the glass type if your gonna use that stuff. 60% absorption :krazy

Yeah, it's high. Single pane or tempered is all you can install it on... but it's way less reflective.

Guest tintgod
Hello everyone, thanks for all the help with prior questions. I was able to get my hands on a piece of SYDS35 which is what I thought I wanted and Im not sure Im happy with it. It does help a little with glare for my Plasma but not much. Now I already know for the glare to be reduced even more I would have to go with a darker film like the 15 or 25 correct? I cant use 25 because im using window shades as well. The problem to me and my wife is the mirror look from the outside. There is no way around this right? Any other films that would give me what im lookimg for without the mirror look on the outside?

how big of a piece did you get...and did you apply it to a window...I have found that the syds is a lot less reflective once you install it on a window...then it looks just sitting there in your hand

Archived