ENNYone wanna take the market back?

Guest Key West

Guest Key West
What does a retard customer have to do with the market? What do prices have to do with this idiot customer? You want to start a website where customers can get a better price? I can't really make sense of your post, what the hell do you mean?

ABSOLUTELY nuthin!!! Just a rant!! :lol Pissesd me right off tho,,,)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Competition is part of business. I just don't see how being better than the competition is a bad thing, regardless of their prices.

You don't get to control what others charge, so that seems like something people just need to accept and move on. That's not exactly something that's unique to the window tinting industry.

Now, if someone starts meeting or beating your quality at a lower price, then you've got a problem worth worrying about!

I don't know. I guess I just don't like to complicate something as simple as: The businesses get to set their standards & pricing and the consumers get to decide where they spend their own money.

ohhhhh, I see. :beer Yeah, amen to that....hate it when they lie about it. :lol but they all do....well...at least the ones who put their windows down early. Only had one ever do that...the rest have admited it and ive only charged a minimal fee to change it. Guess ive been lucky....at least as far as that goes. :hmmm

Guest Key West
ohhhhh, I see. :lol Yeah, amen to that....hate it when they lie about it. :hmmm but they all do....well...at least the ones who put their windows down early. Only had one ever do that...the rest have admited it and ive only charged a minimal fee to change it. Guess ive been lucky....at least as far as that goes. :mad

I have always had the you come to me straight up I'll fix it warranty :beer:lol:wall (lie to me straight out and yer screwed tho.....)

"F"in custy had the NERVE to come to me and SWEAR that they didnt roll down the windows (FUKKK CAR CUSTYS) Roll ups had AIR bubbles that stopped in A STRAIGHT line across the glass, 1/2 way up the glass. YOU ALL TELL ME WHAT HAPPENED. if I'm off base here tell me!!! Stopped in a straightline accross the window :bs:lol:hmmm:bs:mad:lol:wall:wall:hmmm

I have a retail business where I sell boat parts, mostly to DIY'ers, but also some shops & people taking it to a shop.

I'll have people break stuff then try to claim it as defective (or missing from the package). What seems to work okay for me, is making it crystal clear that I know exactly what happened, but give them the opportunity to blame someone else (not me) if that makes them feel better.

Example:

A customer buys a piston w/rings and breaks a ring during installation (easy enough to do). Of course, he emails me and says the rings were missing from the box. I open & check every single box for this reason as they ship.

They don't get free rings. I reply with something like, "I personally made sure they were there when it shipped. My guess is that your mechanic broke them and doesn't want to admit it. If you tell him you know the rings were there, he'll probably make good on it."

Of course, that really mean, "LIAR!!! YOU broke the rings!" but it doesn't make them defensive. I generally get a hey-you-were-right reply, followed up with a replacement purchase.

So, in that case, I probably would have said something like, "I know I told YOU not to roll down the windows, so you need to pass that on to anyone else that gets the car, because this window has definitely been rolled down by SOMEONE." It would probably be easier for him/her to say, "I bet my dumb wife/husband did it," than to say, "Hi. I'm stupid and can't follow simple directions." :beer

It's hard to get people to tell the truth when they know they're wrong, but it's really easy to get them to blame someone that isn't there to defend themselves... and take the focus off of you, where it didn't belong in the first place.

Guest Key West
Hmmm...A website to bring tinters together, encourage higher prices and educate customers. :mad

Great idea, seems familiar though. :hmmm:lol

:beer

I just PM'you!!

Archived