What method is the most cost effective?

Guest deanjones

Guest deanjones

I'm trying to figure out what would actually end up being cheaper regarding film roll sizes....

Let's say we have a typical 4 door car. Each roll-up needs 36" of film to cover it. The back 1/4 glass can be done with the excess from the front roll-up. The rear window needs 60" or 5 feet of film... just for argument sake. That's 17 feet of film.

Ok, now without stating a price, I'm finding that if you simply use a 40" roll, you only need to use 11 feet of film to cover this car because for the roll-ups you would generally pull 36" of film, cut the width down the middle and you have 1 side of the car done.

I'm finding this is actually significantly cheaper per car by just using a 40" roll as opposed to using film off of a 20" roll and a 40" roll.

What am I missing? I thought it was cheaper to have your rolls broken down to 18, 20, 24, 36 and 40... Or, at least that's what I was told.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I only carry 36". Works for pretty much anything...back glass...no problem....side windows...usually can split it in half and do 2 windows...if its a 1/2 ton that has windows bigger than 18", I just lay the tint sideways.

Sometimes though I do wish llulu would sell it in 40" :lol

Guest deanjones
I only carry 36". Works for pretty much anything...back glass...no problem....side windows...usually can split it in half and do 2 windows...if its a 1/2 ton that has windows bigger than 18", I just lay the tint sideways.

Sometimes though I do wish llulu would sell it in 40" :lol

They sell AT, ATR and PP in 40" rolls... Just not ATX.

Guest Tint Technology

I always keep 20" which will do most roll downs and 30" for the back glass, this also covers me for the larger roll downs. I keep a couple of 36" rolls for the monster back glass's. :spit

Guest deanjones

Yeah, but have any of you actually sat down and figured out what was more cost effective? Let's say you can save $12 a car by just using 40" rolls... is it worth it? Also, is it really more cost effective?

I use a 40 inch roll and split film in the middle for the rollups. I used to just use 36in roll but I hate shrinking fingers to the side when the window is taller than 18. then I carry a 20 and 24 inch roll of 5% for trucks.

Guest haroldshouseoftint
Yeah, but have any of you actually sat down and figured out what was more cost effective? Let's say you can save $12 a car by just using 40" rolls... is it worth it? Also, is it really more cost effective?

:eyebrows dude, I don't follow your math.

40/ 2 = 20 so how is it more cost effective to just use a 40" than it is to use a 20" on doors?

in other words 20" roll = X, 40" roll = XX

unless your dist is rapin you on 20" rolls :lol2

Archived