Filmhandler....how accurate are the cuts?

Guest darkdan

Guest Tintin' Magician

:lol2 A pet possum..........I gots one of those, actually 2!!! The lil' bastards keep coming up on the porch and when I go outside to smoke, they just look at me and keep on doing whatever they're doing. I'll tell you what though, I'm getting my gun out tonite and we'll be havin' possum and greens for Easter! :lol2:lol2:eyebrows

As for the filmhandler, I always cut 1" over because that's what works for me. I know people that can take their time and cut exact, but I have no problem in trimming an edge or two! :lol2

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest VOLTRON

I cut out of the box too, I used to use olfa blades but now I have started using the 4 inch onesided blades that you use for removal. They dont wabble like the olfas do cause they are thincker. They work better on safty film then olfas and thicker solar film.

I will pull from the box in a pinch but nothing beats production like a film hdlr.

I did a job at the :eyebrows Az. Cardinals ,training facility with all butt joined glass ,was nice to split the film exactly . they were consistently sized and even though it took a little time to set the slitter precisely it took a lot less time than straight edging one side.

I would compare it to using a trim guide and freehanding ,they both have good results,but once you freehand you wont go back.

Guest darkdan

Well I used it on saturday.

OMG, how did I ever live without one of these?

I threw up over 300 square feet in one day which is a lot for me. Plus, it really did cut down on my waste because I could plan an attack. I was about to cut out two 23" wide windows at the same time as cutting the 25" wide doors with my 72" roll. So I set it for two 23s and one 25. Worked out great. That right there was the majority of the day. Then I just had a few 27" wides, one huge arch, and a few 64"x66" windows.

Filmhandlers I think are the way to ride. Expensive but they pay themselves off quickly with making life alot easier. Some cases a FH is a must have. Also you tend to look a little more professional with doing clean work on residential jobs. Ive seen that look in peoples eyes when they see you pulling film on the floor. Just my :rollin

:eyebrows

Archived