Why can't someone make the perfect heat gun!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Texasrocker

...screw the heatguns!! I use a 50,000 btu propane infrared radiant heater strung from hardware chain approx 8' from floor slanted on 45 degree angle. Cut the rear glass tint 1" oversize all the way around, lay it over back glass sunny-side up, with lots of soapy water between film and glass.Tack film to glass in center side to side leaving fingers evenly spaced on top & bottom of glass. Back rear of vehicle where rear glass is approx 4' away from radiant heater elements. While tinting the rollups, go back occasionally and work the fingers out of the tint on rear glass. By the time you finish the rollups, the rearglass tint is ready for final trim & install!! Just an idea!! TR

...screw the heatguns!! I use a 50,000 btu propane infrared radiant heater strung from hardware chain approx 8' from floor slanted on 45 degree angle. Cut the rear glass tint 1" oversize all the way around, lay it over back glass sunny-side up, with lots of soapy water between film and glass.Tack film to glass in center side to side leaving fingers evenly spaced on top & bottom of glass. Back rear of vehicle where rear glass is approx 4' away from radiant heater elements. While tinting the rollups, go back occasionally and work the fingers out of the tint on rear glass. By the time you finish the rollups, the rearglass tint is ready for final trim & install!! Just an idea!! TR

Interesting idea, do you do that for all rear windows or is this just something you tried once? :dunno

That goes along with that thread I started a few yrs back using my 40000 + heater to shrink a back glass REAL quick :dunno ..suspended, it would just take a bit longer :poop

Archived