Why can't someone make the perfect heat gun!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
milwaukee red heat guns the works good for me . The only problems are running a car over it and the clay inside breaking off. Home depot sells them for $75 I think

not sure who mentioned this (sorry bout that) but one member mentioned wrapping your heat gun with the copper pipe wrap insulation???(or whatever you call it) to protect the ceramic from getting broken when you drop your gun.

well..I tried that and love the idea...the stuff weighs nothing..and the added bonus!...the other day when I went to back a truck out, I had stupidly left my heat gun too close to the wheels....anyway, I back out and feel something and then see the extension cord pull violently out of the wall. What happened? I had almost run over my heat gun..the only thing that saved it? I had wrapped it in the pipe insulation...the truck dragged the gun along the floor but with the wrap it was too thick to run up over it..at least in such a short run! that tip saved my $180 gun! thank you thank you thank you whoever posted that!!! :beer:shock:beer:drunk

Guest StreetsAheadWindowTinting

Can you Guys/Gals get Steinel Heat guns over there, Ive had mine for 2 years, can get didgtal ones too. Never been ran over though, I start my fire with it if I cant be bothered with lucifers!!!! :krazy:thumb

Guest willie
not sure who mentioned this (sorry bout that) but one member mentioned wrapping your heat gun with the copper pipe wrap insulation???(or whatever you call it) to protect the ceramic from getting broken when you drop your gun.

well..I tried that and love the idea...the stuff weighs nothing..and the added bonus!...the other day when I went to back a truck out, I had stupidly left my heat gun too close to the wheels....anyway, I back out and feel something and then see the extension cord pull violently out of the wall. What happened? I had almost run over my heat gun..the only thing that saved it? I had wrapped it in the pipe insulation...the truck dragged the gun along the floor but with the wrap it was too thick to run up over it..at least in such a short run! that tip saved my $180 gun! thank you thank you thank you whoever posted that!!! :krazy:lol2:lol2:lol2

your welcome :thumb

Archived