Window partly tinted in white frost - safe?

Guest BLACKOUT SoKal

at least its frost your using :krazy I did a huge store front window with the bottom 40" in blackout and the top 56" in a reflective bronze film. It looked really great when we did it but I came back to take a picture a few days later and couldnt find the building :lol2 I knew I was in the right area and would for sure recognize a big gold N' black window but it was gone...replaced by a big piece of particle board :hmmm im not sure if it cracked because of the blackout or what but he never called and I never asked :krazy

Have a window that is a circle... about 30" x 30". Grid in between panes. Customer wants the bottom half tinted in white frost. Faces east. 25% absorp rate.

Anyone see any problems??

It's funny... years ago when I was working for a company we tinted this store front... DL15 gray... but only the top 2-3 feet. Rest of the window was normal. I drive by it all the time.. glass hasn't ever cracked that I know of... :beer

We hang it all the time in hot FL with no problems.... hell other films have more issues :evilgrin

:dunno

I've done 1/2 blackout on windows... 1/2 white frost, facing west and east... no issues.

Guest expertint

I have a store right now that wants partial blackout on large windows 134x95. Facing west turned him down..Non tempered glass. Don't want the risk

Guest BLACKOUT SoKal
I have a store right now that wants partial blackout on large windows 134x95. Facing west turned him down..Non tempered glass. Don't want the risk

good call ditching that one man :beer

Archived