Grumpy Old Men

Guest Stag

Ok this old guy came in yesterday and wanted his storm door tinted. I told him that I only do auto tinting now. He asked if I could just load my stuff up and drive to his house it would be a quick buck. I told him you cant put auto tint on residential glass, and thats to much work to load,unload,clean,tint,load well you get the point. Maybe gross 80.00 range give or take. He told me you younger people are to independent, and that Ill be sorry when the depression gets here. Ill be begging to make a couple dollars. I told him my feet wont hit the floor in the morning for a couple of bucks. Ill stay in bed. :eyebrows Sorry I had to rant about the old guy. :lol2

Yeah, but if a guy is busy enough that leaving the shop is costing him money in the long run, I'd turn it down as well. I like to occasionally do things out of the ordinary to help someone out, but when it comes down to it, I go to work to make money for my family, not hook everyone up and do favors all day long.

No sense MM. I go to work to make money for my family. Sorry kids no dinner tonight because I took a couple of hours of my day today to make a profit of only 35.00 to tint a guys door at his house. (load up,drive time to his house, tint, listen to him talk,drive time back,unload) :eyebrows I know how much is needed by the end of the day, and doing favors dont cut it. Bottom line Sorry Thats just my :rollin

Ok this old guy came in yesterday and wanted his storm door tinted. I told him that I only do auto tinting now. He asked if I could just load my stuff up and drive to his house it would be a quick buck. I told him you cant put auto tint on residential glass, and thats to much work to load,unload,clean,tint,load well you get the point. Maybe gross 80.00 range give or take. He told me you younger people are to independent, and that Ill be sorry when the depression gets here. Ill be begging to make a couple dollars. I told him my feet wont hit the floor in the morning for a couple of bucks. Ill stay in bed. :eyebrows Sorry I had to rant about the old guy. :rollin

you kids. I remember when I used to walk uphill to tint every window and no shoes in the snow :lol

Guest FilmBlazer

I would have done it depending on how far he lived :lol2

a sprayer, a drop cloth, a roll of film and a toolbelt. You would be back in an hour and charge him a hundy and tell him cash money :thumb

PS Storm door usually equals single pane tempered glass. :lol2

Ok this old guy came in yesterday and wanted his storm door tinted. I told him that I only do auto tinting now. He asked if I could just load my stuff up and drive to his house it would be a quick buck. I told him you cant put auto tint on residential glass, and thats to much work to load,unload,clean,tint,load well you get the point. Maybe gross 80.00 range give or take. He told me you younger people are to independent, and that Ill be sorry when the depression gets here. Ill be begging to make a couple dollars. I told him my feet wont hit the floor in the morning for a couple of bucks. Ill stay in bed. :mad Sorry I had to rant about the old guy. :mad

:beer I deal with that daily!! I live in "god's waiting room" or the "stairway to heaven":thumb Lots and lots a grumpy ole farts!

You kinda get a sense of humor bout it after awhile or you quit the biz here anyway. :lol2:lol2

I have had to offer my tools to grumpies before and say... well if you can do it better ..... here :thumb

Archived