2006 Civic Coupe

Fiveofeen

Guest MidcoastMW
I remember you saying something about that before. I went and checked a few of the SI's that I had done in the past and the plastic that you are talking about is away from the glass on all of them. Easier to get behind than the 3rd break lite. I'm wondering if there was a flaw in that one that you did?? :thumb:beer Possibly the piece was popped up or something? I'll have to get some pics of the ones I did. :lol2:thumb

Hmmmm...that could be!! On the one I did, in the area where the deck was touching the bottom two defrost lines had some 'crust' around them too. Obviosly from being turned on while against the plastic.

The guy who owns the one I did said his sister is buying the same car and is bringing it to me. Hopefully it'l be an SI and I'll be able to tell.

Your probly right tho, maybe a rear plug was popped so it was sitting higher :thumb

C'mon 5-0 feen check your thread and lemme kno how the rear deck was on this one! :lol2

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

like I said...I checked the few that were on the lot and they were all flush with the other sides...but that piece of plastic is seperate...that is why I think I may have been popped or something :thumb:lol2

I had one come back that peeled right behind the light. we used to not pull them then. after it came back we pull them now. actually it didnt come back, I recognized the car and saw it peeling so I left a card with a note saying to come back in and we'd fix it for free. when he came in he said he thought it was supposed to be that way.

I do have a bulldozer.... too think tho. This was an SI with the 3rd brakelight in the wing. I have another thread somewhere complaining about this rear deck.

5-0, was the rear deck on this car against the glass?? the SI I did was.....about an 8" long section and about 1-2" up of glass was the area it touched.

yep it was tight as a mug against that glass. I was worried it would scratch the tint upon install. Throw a lil slip solution down there then slide that in too! Stuff works wonders!

yep it was tight as a mug against that glass. I was worried it would scratch the tint upon install. Throw a lil slip solution down there then slide that in too! Stuff works wonders!

:lol6 You can also push down on the deck at the light with the other hand and it gives you another 1/4" or so.

Fiveo, this car isn't as hard to get in the back of as the gto, IMO. The gto sucks to get in the back of if you are a big guy:twocents

Guest gus738
long as you've got a bulldozer though....I dont see why you need to pull the rear deck :hmmm:dunno:dunno

the rear deck isnt hard its held by clips easy off easy on snap it in hardly any pressure....

here is mine before it had to go to bodyshop for a repaint :dunno:lol2 this is cheap tint over 3 months yet no purple

long as you've got a bulldozer though....I dont see why you need to pull the rear deck :hmmm:lol2:dunno

l_7f4e890359dadcd89ba5370071b91f5b.jpg

1163481326_l.jpg

was that an echo??? :dunno:lol2

it may be easy...but it doesnt need to be done if you have a bulldozer. :dunno

oh...and I was talking to the honda dealer yesterday....about the question about the civci si's....some were talking about it being tight to the window in the middle. Well I went and checked 2 more on the lot....no hump...lots of room...so I asked him about it and he said that its probably different versions....usa/canada. :dunno:dunno

Guest MidcoastMW
oh...and I was talking to the honda dealer yesterday....about the question about the civci si's....some were talking about it being tight to the window in the middle. Well I went and checked 2 more on the lot....no hump...lots of room...so I asked him about it and he said that its probably different versions....usa/canada. :dunno:dunno

:dunno I havent had the chance to tint another one yet. Still anxious to see tho.

Guest MidcoastMW
not sure if you can tell from this pic very well....but it is all the same level, right across with about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch space there. so is this a canadian edition?

civicsi-1.jpg

...interesting.... Looks exactly the same as the one I did. Same rear deck as well, with the subwoofer. But The middle part of the deck was against the bottom defroster line for about 5" or so. The defroster line actually had crust around it from contact with the shelf.

I didnt take pix like you did, but actually the guy is returning tomarro for a sunstrip on the windshield... :lol6 so I will take a look and some pix. Here is the car... it must've had those clips popped up a bit or something.

3-17-06003.jpg

Archived