Broke a F _ _ _ ing window today.

I feel for ya Big E I just broke one last week. Went to pull the mirror off a chevy P-U to do a strip and a chunck of glass came with it. :beer

:beer

The very same thing happened to me on a brand new replacement windshield in a new Lincoln Towncar. I just reached up and barely put any effort into it and the thing popped off with a big chunk of glass with it. Just after I did that glass shop friend of mine walked in the door and I showed him what happend and he looked at the glass and said the guy that put the windwhield in, put a cheap piece of glass in it. I called the owner of the car and told him what happened and what my glass guy said and he was not happy. He said that he had told his glass guy to put the same factory manufacturer glass back in it.

Then he called his glass guy who came out the next day to put a new windshield in it at my shop. Then that guy turned to me and handed me the bill. I told him to take it up with the owner of the car, which was what the owner told me to do and that he would take it up with the glass guy.

Needless to say he wasnt a happy camper and threatened me as he walked out the door...........and he no longer works in this town. END OF STORY!! :dunno

Sorry to hear that!! Atleast it wasn't a $350 laminated grand Cherokee glass!! I speak from experience :(

Ouch, this only hit me for $75 plus tax, and a little more film.

Guest REITZ20

I would be happy if it's an s-10. God forbid it was an exotic, or glass you can't find. Which of you remove windows, what cars most? Is there a list of cars w/laminate somewhere? :please Like they say... shxt happens.

Tinted a crusty 91 S10 regular cab today and the slider on the rear went O/K but the front rollups were crusty as hell, so I made the decision to pull the windows and tint them. Well the install went great and after I tinted the glass and set then in the sun to dry a little while. I installed the driver side glass and door pannel then started on the passenger side. Set the glass in the door and installed the plastic glass support, started one bolt then the other. Tightned the first bolt snug then while tightening the second bolt as soon as the bolt started to snug down BOOM about a million pieces stuck to my nice new tint job. In the AM im gonna hit the salvage yard to get a new (used) glass. :thumb:mad Lots of dirty words were slung this afternoon! :please:mad

Oh man, I feel for ya!!! :mad Can't tell you how many pieces of (flat) glass I have broken or put my hand through. Sucks azz but it happens. :wall

Sucks, had a buddy, put a butane torche on a land rover to heat the glass to loosen the adhesive for a removal. Little did he know, it had sat in below freezing weather for hours before he applies scorching heat to it and popped the glass. about $300 later and a long ordering process to order the glass, it was fixed, so don't feel bad at all, just gives you a story to tell and a freebee screw up "free pass" for new installers. :please

Archived