Dusted Crystal Film - Streaking

Has anyone had problems installing 3M Dusted Crystal film where streaks show up?

Did a job a couple of weeks ago and got a call not much after that there were streaks on some of the film. Went back and wiped everything down well - but they are calling me back so it must not have cleared up.

At this point not even sure if the problem is on the outside of the film or something under the film.

:dunno you have to clean the window after you tint it! :beer:evilgrin

just kikkin around, what solution are you using for install/ I've not had any problem with j&j but could be something in the lot no's. of the film??? adhesive overspray or something like that.

Guest cgtinc

The reason why you get streaks when you hang Dusted / Frosted Crystal is because it is actually a marking film for signage. I have hung a ton of them and it clears up within 6 hours of installation. Don't sweat it!

The reason why you get streaks when you hang Dusted / Frosted Crystal is because it is actually a marking film for signage. I have hung a ton of them and it clears up within 6 hours of installation. Don't sweat it!

I know about those streaks - but that's not what this was. Marks were still there a couple of weeks later. Hard to describe, but almost looked like marks from someone touching the film with greasy fingers (but that's not what it actually was).

Guest mhun9180

We had a big problem with it marking as you described. If you run your nail over it lightly it would leave a mark that won't disappear. Talk to the manufacturer because all the new batches we have coming through now are fine. :dunno

Archived