screwy attachment

whats up guys... just a no brainer I guess. I have recently seen a situation where an installer hung 350 some odd feet on tempered double pain, with intensions of attaching it with baekarts consepuke(junk) tape. well he found out the tape was no longer available, so he attached it with metal strips, half on the glass, half on the frame, adhered with double sided tape. looks horendous. windows no-longer open. NO SCREWS. Home made or a new style for any manufacturer? any thoughts? :thumb

Guest VOLTRON

I know a dealer that made his own attachments out of some L shaped aluminum and then put silicone inbetween the aluminum and the glass and then screwed the other side to the frame.

I had a customer who told me he did an anchoring job with plastic angle from home depot. He used clear silicone and only put 4 feet on each side. He said it needed something becuase the glass was almost daylite to the frame. He also said it was tempered glass. How long do think it will stay up after impact? :thumb

Guest Readyman
:evilgrin

:nope Click on the Distributor tab, it takes you to an area where you are supposed to find a distributor in your area.

North America- No Distributor

South America-No Distributor

Europe-No Distributor

Africa-No Distributor

The Middle East-No Distributor

:hmmm

The guys have been doing this for 10 years and NOBODY has stepped up to distribute it?

:beer:nope:dunno

Guest Key West
I know a dealer that made his own attachments out of some L shaped aluminum and then put silicone inbetween the aluminum and the glass and then screwed the other side to the frame.

I did EXACTLY the same thing the year before hurricane Andrew. 6 Barnett bank buildings. I mitered the corners, but used a 3M 5200 Marine adhesive/sealant. DOW 995 wasn't available back then!!! Still have the letter of testamonial from the regional mgr of how not one building suffered water damage. it held great!! :DD

Guest haroldshouseoftint
here's our a-system

:thumb Hey if your gonna :thumb us, at least put in the picture or web address for it :thumb:thumb:cool

thats funnnneeee right there, I don't care who you are :thumb

Archived