Residential/Commercial and insurance?

hi,

So I tint automotive for friends and people who get referred to me by friends. I dont have insurance, which isnt the smartest thing in the world, but Ive talked with law enforcement. All that matters is who is driving the vehicle. I can do anything to a car and cant be at fault apparently.

Well, Ive heard that residential tinting is a lot easier, and so I want to get into it. I will be starting out on my home and some friends homes, so I'm not too concerned about insurance. But today I was speaking with someone who used to tint vehicles, and he said that I should look into proper insurance. What kind of insurance do I need to tint in people's homes? How much does this run? This is only a side gig. should I worry about it, or just sign a waiver with customers saying something like, "I wont sue if you wont sue"

just curious.

hi,

So I tint automotive for friends and people who get referred to me by friends. I dont have insurance, which isnt the smartest thing in the world, but Ive talked with law enforcement. All that matters is who is driving the vehicle. I can do anything to a car and cant be at fault apparently.

Well, Ive heard that residential tinting is a lot easier, and so I want to get into it. I will be starting out on my home and some friends homes, so I'm not too concerned about insurance. But today I was speaking with someone who used to tint vehicles, and he said that I should look into proper insurance. What kind of insurance do I need to tint in people's homes? How much does this run? This is only a side gig. should I worry about it, or just sign a waiver with customers saying something like, "I wont sue if you wont sue"

just curious.

Be careful and check the state laws but here if you work at the customers house you must have insurance and a contractors license. With out one the custy doesn?t have to pay unless they want to. :thumb Get insurance but don?t use it or the company will drop you :lol2:lol2

good luck

im not concerned about people not paying. I just dont want to get sued. lol. usually I get the jobs instead of older, more experienced people, because I use this to help pay for college, and that plays real nicely into peoples emotions :thumb and if anything, I get extra money out of it. :lol2 at least for now, it's paying to be young. :lol2

Guest Key West
hi,

just curious.

TD, this has GOT to win a medal for one of the most IGNORANT posts I've ever seen!!!

We were carrying in a 12' ladder, and BAM, nice sized dent in a custys nice shiny new SS refrigerator!! Dude, all it takes is just one momentary lapse of attention and yer screwed without insurance. I once had an assistant drop a cross beam from scaffolding across a guys 50 some odd inch TV. Scratched the crap out of it. Shiot happens sometimes. Are you in a position to eat these kind of mistakes? Or do you just intend to ignore them hoping they'll go away? What about the customer? Insurance is CHEAP dude! only 6 or 7 hundred a year depending on who ya use. Sure beats the hell out of buying a new fridge, or TV. Working in a customers house without insurance is just plain ignorant!! And if you think for one minute that you can drive someones vehicle and NOT be liable, wait 'till the civil action comes down. You can lose everything!!! GET INSURED for all of our sakes!! If you do damage, and don't take care of it, it makes the industry look bad!! Be responsible!!! Do you drive without Insurance? (Probably!) :thumb

Guest Key West
im not concerned about people not paying. I just dont want to get sued. lol. usually I get the jobs instead of older, more experienced people, because I use this to help pay for college, and that plays real nicely into peoples emotions :lol2 and if anything, I get extra money out of it. :lol2 at least for now, it's paying to be young. :hump

This HAS to be LB's son. Thank GOD he's not mine!!!! :lol2:lol2:lol2 EVEN KW jr is smarter!!! :thumb:lol2

Watch this http://www.9wsyr.com/mediacenter/local.asp...com&rss=119

I'm here to learn.

If there is a form that you and the customer sign that eliminates the possiblity of a third party sueing both the driver and the installer please post it here.

Example a bus load of College Republicans on their way to a conference has their right of way violated by the driver who's car you put double limo on the fronts.

Each and every guy/gal on the bus is either the son/daughter of either a congressman or an attorney. The ones who are not either of those, are filthy rich.

How's yer form now homie? :thumb

Guest Key West
That is the most idiotic thing I have ever heard. The shop did not know it was illegal to install illegal window tints

I think that I've made my position quite clear on tint laws! I'm against 'em, but until things change, I'll abide by them. This thread is about an Idiot who thinks he is held "blameless" regardless of what he does. In doing so, he potentially harms each and every one of us responsible shop owners!!! :thumb:thumb:beer:mad

Archived