Residential/Commercial and insurance?

Guest haroldshouseoftint

You need insurance, I carry $50,000 garage keepers which covers any vehicle I work on, and 1,000,000 General Liability policy for res/comm jobs.

All it takes (like KW said) is one OOOOPPPPSSSS and your PHUKED get some insurance side gig or not. JMO :thumb

I wouldnt exactly say im ignorant. partialy, yes, but not completely. If I continued to think that I wouldnt need insurance, do you think I would've posted a question regarding it? If I've read correctly, only one person has replied with information regarding costs of insurance. I was concerned that I was going to be paying thousands/year in insurance. I'm not trying to be irresponsible, or make the industry "look bad," so dont assume that.

I made this post hoping for positive feedback, like suggestions on who to get insurance through, and pricing. I'm intelligent enough to know it's not the smartest thing in the world to work without insurance, which is why I'm coming here now. If I'm going to work in someones house, I dont want to screw anything up. To answer key west's question, I do drive with insurance. I also drive with full coverage. In all fairness, please dont assume, and dont sit back and rip me a new one for trying to learn.

Id love to sit here and nip pick every comment people have made about how I come here for help, and I instead am told that im an ignorant idiot. I do believe everyone has to start somewhere, and I'm starting. I'm here because you guys know how this industry works, and how to make money working in it. That's why I'm here, and as long as people will answer me with honest answers, then I will continue to post questions and read through the FAQ's. Lets not be childish. I thought we were all adults.

Guest haroldshouseoftint

:thumb Hang in there, sometimes its a rough crowd in here :thumb

I posted what I have as far as coverage goes, but price, I forget how it breaks down as I have all my vehicles and house and business all auto witdrawn every month, I think its right around $115.00 a month for the coverage I've got.

and as Flatrock Stan said, check and see about contractors liscense (sc) I know in AZ any job over $750.00 you have to have one so be aware of that as well.

Good Luck in your adventure your about to take :beer

Guest Key West

:krazy Hang in there, sometimes its a rough crowd in here :lol2

I am kinda rough on thing that I see as plainly stupid, but I meant every word I posted!! Dude, you are MORE than welcome here!! Just at least TRY and be a bit more responsible. I'm not tryin' to put a 50 year old head on a 19 year old, but it MIGHT behoove ya to listen with the BIG head once in a while!!! Welcome to the board!! :krazy:hmmm

Archived