'06 s40

tint45

had 1 about a month ago & things did not go well. I know the back glass was cake and I think I got the rear rolldowns fine but I couldn't get those fronts! Couldn't slide the film back behind those tight azz seals and it had a long way to travel. No idea how to pop panels. Had to send her off while I tried to research the panels, she ended up with a free 3/4 tint job! Lesson learned there. So I have another coming Saturday and I'm not looking forward to it. Any help you all can offer would be much appreciated. Sorry for the long post. thanks

Some Volvos have these crazy push pins around the outer edge and underneath the door panels, they are easy to remove, but easy to break as well, if you do it wrong....

Once you figure them out, it's no worries, keep an eye on everything when rasssembling, don't leave anything unconnected....... :thumb

Guest CloudWalker

Could some explain how the top part of this s40 door panel comes off I have everything apart except the very top part of the door panel where the glass starts. I can see under the door panel but can not figure it out man.

Guest wilcax

these are easy... just pop the top of the panel loose. pull on it and it goes pop. out comes gasket and to makle the fronts easier I pull that rear part of the gasket out. it a little tricky to get it back in but its the only way ive figured out to slide the film all the way back there. good luck on the next one.

Guest CloudWalker

Thanks wilcax and your right maybe on the next one. But really I after I tinted the doors without removal of the door panels I figure its really a lot faster to tint them that way anyway so from now on I'll be tinting those with panels on.

Guest wilcax

you dont really need to take the whole panel off just pop the top loose and pull the gasket out. the felted side thing pulls out to make it easier to slide the tint in place, but it is tricky toput back into place. :nope

Archived