Shop Lighting

Guest Deep

I am looking for a concensus on what you guys think is the best configuration for shop light set up. Do you think lighting is better if it is hung on the wall facing the car, or above the car facing down? :dunno

Guest Bulldog
I am looking for a concensus on what you guys think is the best configuration for shop light set up. Do you think lighting is better if it is hung on the wall facing the car, or above the car facing down? :dunno

If ya mount them on the wall, get they ones with reflector panels and angle them down. Mounting a strip of mirror below that is a cool and inexpensive way to double THAT lighting...

Get advise from a good electrical supply house as to which T-8 bulb they carry with the highest Kelvin rating (white/Bluish rather than the bogus color rendering found in the crap they sell at home depot).

You may have to visit more than one supply house to find someone worth talking to.

P.S. I really like the lights at about 8 foot of the floor on the walls.

Guest BLACKOUT SoKal

we have 3 eight footers with 2 bulbs a piece on the ceiling where I usually tint...I hate it, whenever I have to cut the back glass I need to turn the lights off just because of the reflection. I really prefer our paint booth to tint in, the whole thing is painted white and the lights are on the walls :thumb also its a paintbooth so contamination is cut way down in there. I say put them on the walls of a very white shop and have some on the roof with an easily accessable off switch for when you dont want that top reflection :krazy at another shop I worked at we even screwed 4 foot flourecents to the walls, I think the wall light are important

Guest darkdan

I have 32 four foot florescents on the double side of my garage. =) White painted floor helped a lot.

Now I need a real ceiling to help keep that light down. I may get that foil backed insulation and lay up there to help. Keep it warmer in the winter, cooler in the summer, and help out my lighting situation.

Archived