Work Truck

Guest VOLTRON

Guest VOLTRON

I have an F-150 V6 reg cab that I use for my work truck. Its a 98 model and has 140,000 on it and its a 5 speed. I am wanting to get a V8 for when I am doing safty film and have to carry all the crap around and it bogs down the truck, not bad but noticable. I also want an automatic cause standards in traffic suck, and I want an extra cab for a little more room. My truck now runs great and havent had any problems out of it. My question is would you buy a new truck for the amneties that you want or stick with whats working and save the car payment and invest in a camper shell and make do with what I got. I can afford a new truck but I have always liked not having a car payment, but now that I have the money I am wanting to get something new, (newer, 05,06 model). What are yer guys thoughts?

astro vans. we sometimes carry two to three sets of scaffolds and they have plenty of power. plus nobody sees the crap you carry! :krazy

this is one of them '99. the go forever they dont give a crap! good on gas!

TpiVan.jpg

this was an 86. we put about 300k in it and still sold running but it was blowing smoke all over the place. I think I posted a pic of when it was smoking one time on here :thumb

blkcamryastro.jpg

walgreens.jpg

Guest Reflexxions

Let that V6 go and get you some pulling power but you can all ways put some gears in it to beef it up :beer

For the stick shift thing not me not anymore :krazy

Check on autotrader.com they almost always have some good deals . :thumb

Guest Bulldog

Long as its not breakin down, keep it......invest in a trailor to pull your sewcurity film steup. It can stay loaded w/ everthing you need. Also comes in handy for other stuff.

Guest FilmBlazer

I put 206k on my 98 Dodge extended cab long box. If you are going to get a V8, you might want to consider a smaller V8 from whatever manufacturer you are looking at. I bought an 07 dodge quad cab long box and put a topper on it. Gas mileage is under 15 sometimes 14 with the Hemi, which I didn't need. Unfortunately I put on 20-25k annually for flat glass too :(

But oh man that Hemi purrs when I'm blowin' past 5-6 cars at a time :krazy

Guest VOLTRON

Tint I do have a safari van that I am trying to sell, it has been nothing but a money pit. I had to put a new engine in it and waterpump and fuel injection modulator and so on and so on. I bought the van for the safty film and everything else and it worked well but I have had alot of problems with it. It is a passanger and not a cargo van so I dont know if that has anything to do with it. I really like em but damn it was a nightmare with sh|t goin wrong with it all the time. I think I might just keep the truck and put a campershell on it and a rack on top to carry extension ladder and framegaurd. keep the thoguhts commin though I appretiate it guys, even you MM :krazy

Guest haroldshouseoftint

:krazy I say shy away from V-8 because of gas prices, but mabye your rollin like that :thumb

It's nice to have a new "er" vehicle, but payments SUCK IMO I love my Avalanche (that my wife drives :beer ) but I'mgetting tired of the payment.

So I guess it all boils down to what you really want to do (BTW don't you know :lol2 ) :lol2:lol2:lol2

:lol2:lol2

Guest VOLTRON

thats what yall keep sayin but this is by far the best truck I have ever had. paid only 1800 for it and the only thing mechanicly that I have had to do to it was and alternator. I bought it 2 years ago and thats it.

Archived