What do you do when...

Guest deanjones

:lol so the other guy was allowed to go to her and give a quote...but you arent allowed? :eyebrows wonder what he would have quoted over the phone :thumb

I usually give a ballpark number then tell them that until I can actually see the set up and what im dealing with, I cant give an exact quote. So therefore the price could be higher or lower than the ballpark one....when can I schedule you in for me to drop by? :lol:lol

you may want to ask her if price is her only concern too....that usually gets them thinking, at least that is what I've found :beer

WERD!!!! :lol2

Until it's measured, on paper and signed, it is only an ESTIMATED cost...

Guest VOLTRON

I would tell them I dont have a sq ft cost it is all by the job and what it entails both on what film and what I have to work with. I dont always tell the customer what sq ft I am charging I just get the measurements, figure out the sq ft and then charge them by the job. I dont put on the estimate how many sq or what cost per sq I just give them the total of the job and what type of film and how many panes.

Guest LukeNukem

The phone is only really good for getting an appointment. If they insist on price I give them a wild range. "well it depends on what film you buy, if it's an easy job and we use cheap film it could be 2.5 if you go with the best security stuff and it's a pain install it could be 9. Let's get together and youy can choose a film, I can look at the install, and we'll see if we can strike a deal, sound fair enough?" Frankly, if they're totally price driven, I'll slap up some 1 mil crap and run with the money. They're never going to give you a referral and you'll never get a 2nd job anyway. Tight asses are like that.

Archived