Madico auto film range information please!

since when was brownish neutral?? :thumb:lol2

both films are easy to shrink.

:thumb

Um, :lol2 I said neutral OR brownish.

What I'm saying is that the predominant color types for film when new are greenish, bluish, brownish, or neutral (in other words, no color, like Advantage Neutral or full metal films like Johnson Executive.) Onyx definitely leans toward bluish. Just hold up a sample next to Charcool on a piece of white paper.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Mo Evo

I've used Madico since I started 16 years ago. I used their Onyx line until last year. I'm doing so many Mercedes, Chryslers etc.. that I had to switch to Charcool because of AM reception. Strange think about Onyx, the 5% limo looks greenish reflective, the 20 looks black, and the 35 and 55% look reflective bluish from the outside. The 20% which is what I used the most, WILL fade/purple with time. Charcool has been a blessing. I love to work with this film. It shrinks easily and is very forgiving. Very pleasing and soothing to look out of too. Before these, I used their TG series, but I can't afford to do the re-do's with that film since it fades and turns purple pretty darn fast.

Guest Texasrocker

.... ummm, Monique, TG series (dyed products) hold full quality for at least 8 yrs or much longer from install from my experiences working with that series. That doesnt "compute" with "pretty darn fast" in my opinion. I installed Mady TG on one of my shop vehicles back in 98 when I bought the vehicle new. That old truck sits in the sun everyday and no-purple, no fade, no adhesive failure whatsoever!! I have newer trucks that 3M tints have failed in the "dyed products", and turned purple. If you cant afford to use Madys TG series for redos, your other products must be turning green by now $$. Do tell!! ol TR

well that's 3M , onyx does not fade in 6 months :bdog . its more of a gray tone. :nope

Your right TINT It will fade in like 12-18 months like Autolux and Granite. :eyebrows

Madico's film is awesome. I used their film from 1986 to 1996 when the Autolux and Granite series went to :duck I haven't used their film since but I do hear that their film has improved alot.

The TG, TB, AG, AB film was the very first film I worked with. The TG series film for a dyed product did in those days seem to hold up better than any other dyed film out there. My brother in-law did my friends brand new 1983 Camaro with TG8XSR, and it wasn't until 1992 that I did see it start to turn purple.

Price/Preformance Madico gets a :duck from me, even though I don't use it anymore.

Use Madys TG series films. Easy to shrink, matches factory shaded glass, and holds up better than most HP products of any brands!! Avail at your Mady distributor in TG 36, TG 21, and TG8. This stuff holds up for many, many,many yrs. "died film", adhesive doesnt fail, and no GPS probs whatsoever!!! Clarity is supurb!!! Time proven products Rule!!! TR

WTF?? :eyebrows easy to shrink?? holds up for a long time?? do you live in a place where you get sun once a year? :duck:nope

Um, :lol2 I said neutral OR brownish.

What I'm saying is that the predominant color types for film when new are greenish, bluish, brownish, or neutral (in other words, no color, like Advantage Neutral or full metal films like Johnson Executive.) Onyx definitely leans toward bluish. Just hold up a sample next to Charcool on a piece of white paper.

obviouly charcool is greener if compared to onyx! :duck:bdog

I've used Madico since I started 16 years ago. I used their Onyx line until last year. I'm doing so many Mercedes, Chryslers etc.. that I had to switch to Charcool because of AM reception. Strange think about Onyx, the 5% limo looks greenish reflective, the 20 looks black, and the 35 and 55% look reflective bluish from the outside. The 20% which is what I used the most, WILL fade/purple with time. Charcool has been a blessing. I love to work with this film. It shrinks easily and is very forgiving. Very pleasing and soothing to look out of too. Before these, I used their TG series, but I can't afford to do the re-do's with that film since it fades and turns purple pretty darn fast.

Onyx looking greenish?? who are you buying from??? onyx is more of a gray/blue hue to it, t shouldnt be greenish on the outside, unless your colorblind :lol2 . It does have a bit of shine to it, not to much where it will throw the color of every car out there off.

:lol2

Archived