plotter static

We recently just started using a dyed film & absolutely love it (qdp) the only problem is the static problem with the plotter its anti-static liner well it shocked a button on my graphtec fc7000. We have never had a static problem before with any other film. Now we have a button on our plotter that nolonger works, we'll were getting the plotter fixed in the meantime any ideas on how to kill the static I really want to keep this film! I've heard about the copper strip from beakart but we dont' buy from them? Any input would be great.

My plotter is grounded with a remote from an alarm-its metal taped to the bottom. Ive never cut dyed film -but I have no static with hp. Also the front panel on the plotter was replaced with a stainless piece to kill static. I'll try to remember to post a picture of my setup....on monday! 

shwusyrtnts said:
if the film is non-metallic how is there so much static? I use HP and never had the problem? 

We get static build up with non metal films only on our plotter, heard the humidity should help out but its been cold here. I've never had any static issues ever until we loaded this dyed film. Our plotter is on a stand that sets on vinyl tiles, plugged into a surge protector with 8 other things  maybe we should try reducing that  any help is greatly appreciated.

TINTDESIGNZ said:
 dont ask me ! it was that way from the distributor! 

, more qdp coming tomorrow we'll see if it was just these rolls. Like I said we have been cutting sungard for years no static at all except with there midnight film but still thers not alot.

Archived