8 mil 101

Going to be installing 1200 square feet of Panorama slate 50 (or 40) 8 mil.

I know that water removal is key but does anyone have guideline to follow. How many passes do I need to make? How much time between passes? Can I continue pushing water out 12-24hrs later or will it leave marks in the adhesive?

I also have heard that if once you squeeze the film in place it cannot be 'lifted up' again. I was told it will have a 'cracking' appearance when it dries. Anyone have this experience.

These rolls don't look like they will fit in the 72" film handler. How do you slit this stuff. I was really hoping to cut my width and trim the top and bottom only.

If has anything to add please do

Thanks

how much experience do you have with safety films??

I try to give as many passes until I think most of the water is squeege out. not for the limp wristed. a strong unger would do the trick. obviously you know that manufacturers give at least 30 days for the film to dry or even longer I heard up to 90! its common. and no, its not good to "smear" the adhesive after day or so whenever you want to continue squeeging out water :nope

manufacturers sometimes can give you some tips, advice on how about to tackle these questions you are asking.

how much experience do you have in safety again? :lol6:lol6

Guest Bulldog

I know that water removal is key but does anyone have guideline to follow. How many passes do I need to make? How much time between passes? Can I continue pushing water out 12-24hrs later or will it leave marks in the adhesive?

I also have heard that if once you squeeze the film in place it cannot be 'lifted up' again. I was told it will have a 'cracking' appearance when it dries. Anyone have this experience.

These rolls don't look like they will fit in the 72" film handler. How do you slit this stuff. I was really hoping to cut my width and trim the top and bottom only.

Thanks

We can try to tell ya all day long...best to get (pay) someone to show ya and help on the 1st job...

Guest Key West

Thanks

Get it in 75' rolls. they will fit. And dude, pay me 2 a suare and I am there!! Filmhandler is the only way to fly with S&S :lol6

Guest VOLTRON

like dan said a blue blade in a squegee channel is what I use with an unger handle and then I take an allway handle (4 inch scraper with 12 inch handle) and put it in the bottom of the unger handle so I will have some extra leverage. You want to make ATLEAST 2 passes if not 3, it depends on how much water you are moving in each pass. Unless you are doing an attachment system you will have to do trimming on 2 sides atleast if not 3. And dont go back and try to push any water bubbles out a day or so later cause you will smear the adhesive. You can pull the film up to remove any debris but just be gentle.

Guest tallscott

Don't use much soap! Use half a blade width when you squeegee! Push slow and steady! Try not to have to lift the film off once its on the glass. Try not to slide the film on the glass! Pray!!!!

Archived