consecure tape...

Guest vclimber
welcome back VC...

I have some input about consecur. started working with it maybe 15 years ago. at the time it was the newest latest greatest thing out. sold like hot cakes. being in the same local for a long time and having relationships with the same custys for a long time you get the oppertunity to see your work years after the install. well the "con"secur didnt hold up to all the hype. in one apartment it had yellowed, looked like krap and was easy to remove, just peel a edge and snatch it off. ***s on a bull. bekaert was the local disty and V4V is right it was developed by some guy in boca raton fl. I had never heard of any test's it had passed and never seen any documentation to support it's claims as a real anchoring system. bekaert was raising the price as fast as the price of gold. made it even harder to sell especially when there was no volume discount. so bidding large commercial jobs I.e. 5000+ rolls was the same price as buying 1 roll. im glad there gone. to who ever sent TD that email, your ( TD you need a smiley for beating a dead horse).

Thanks for the 411 dryshrinker, we need to watch each others back when it comes to this kind of stuff no matter who the MFG is. :twocents

Guest teamfutaba
welcome back VC...

I have some input about consecur. started working with it maybe 15 years ago. at the time it was the newest latest greatest thing out. sold like hot cakes. being in the same local for a long time and having relationships with the same custys for a long time you get the oppertunity to see your work years after the install. well the "con"secur didnt hold up to all the hype. in one apartment it had yellowed, looked like krap and was easy to remove, just peel a edge and snatch it off. ***s on a bull. bekaert was the local disty and V4V is right it was developed by some guy in boca raton fl. I had never heard of any test's it had passed and never seen any documentation to support it's claims as a real anchoring system. bekaert was raising the price as fast as the price of gold. made it even harder to sell especially when there was no volume discount. so bidding large commercial jobs I.e. 5000+ rolls was the same price as buying 1 roll. im glad there gone. to who ever sent TD that email, your ( TD you need a smiley for beating a dead horse).

Thanks for the 411 dryshrinker, we need to watch each others back when it comes to this kind of stuff no matter who the MFG is. :angel

one more thing, this is a nitch market... we really do need a product like the consecur, (only better). lots of single hung, awning and other styles that could use a thin profile and still let the windows open.

hey VC, I rolled through tampa to finish a commercial job and stopped into V4V's place. very cool guy and a plethera of info. spent a couple of hours and left a better person. RR

ps. lol, he's taller in person..

Guest vclimber
one more thing, this is a nitch market... we really do need a product like the consecur, (only better). lots of single hung, awning and other styles that could use a thin profile and still let the windows open.

hey VC, I rolled through tampa to finish a commercial job and stopped into V4V's place. very cool guy and a plethera of info. spent a couple of hours and left a better person. RR

ps. lol, he's taller in person..

:thumb Tall? He looks short in the blog. :thumb Glad you were able to spend time with the Blog God, he's a great resource with vast amounts of experience I've learned a lot from him. :angel

44tools.com sells it in white and black It will cost you about three bucks a linear foot and comes in 100ft and 50ft rolls($25 cut charge). So basically for a residential slider it would roughly cost $75 just for supplies. But not having to work with Dow995 its almost worth it..

Archived