Streaked double hungs

Guest Key West

Guest Key West

I remembered that I've never seen this posted here so I thought :lol2

I cant tell ya how many times I've been bitched out because the lower double hung was soap streaked on the outside. (The dirtier the window, the more apparent the streaks :lol2 ) So I take 2" tape, and cover the gap between the upper and lower double hungs, tint the job. Tape removal is part of the final cleanup at job completion. No more streaks.

Some people wanted me to wash the outsides after I was done :lol2 even 2nd story windows :DD:DD End of problem. Any way the less people have to compain about, the less they will eyefuk yer work! :lol2

I remembered this after replying on another thread.

Guest Key West
I tape and drape the lower sill to keep from drippng down the wall, I was too busy thinking of protecting the inside to think of taping them together so no water goes to outside. :DD

Sweet tip, I'll have to start doing that for sure. :lol2

Yeah, I always have protected the inside. And I don't have this prob with all custys. I just tell them that what they are seeing is on the outside, and hand them a biz card for a window washer I do biz with. It's the real nitwits (Probably drive Beemers or Lexus's :DD ) That bich about the streaks no matter what, just to get out of paying to get their windows washed :lol2 This just nips it in the bud :lol2

Guest BLACKOUT SoKal

it leaks to the outside :poke I guess I dont do enough FG to notice, I know I make a "papertowel snake" to keep the inside wall drip free, never noticed the outside

Guest Key West
it leaks to the outside :poke I guess I dont do enough FG to notice, I know I make a "papertowel snake" to keep the inside wall drip free, never noticed the outside

Some do, some don't. I guesss it depends on the age of the windows and how often they are opened. I've had pretty new ones leak, while some older ones (never opened) don't :poke

Guest Key West
Most doublehungs fold in for cleaning. If we have streaking, and they fold in, we just fold em in and clean the exterior of the bottom pane. It only takes a few seconds and keeps customers happy. If they dont fold....streaks it is.

Count yer blessings!! Most of 'em around here are Historic houses (VERY wealthy people), OLD double hungs (at least 50% of the houses I do). Thats where I run into probs. I will clean them if they fold in, tho.(At least wipe the streaks)

Archived