copper brush

never heard of it.

try plexus or a dryer sheet in the mean time :thumb

Just tried static guard, the film still got caught up and bunched up after about the first 7 feet. I can see & feel the static is being produced as the film is pulled from the roll. Do you use a dry dryer sheet or get it a little wet, and what do you do rub your plotter with it :lol2:lol2

Judging from another post you made , you already have a load of global. is it static charging on you? or is it another film?

:thumb yep its the qdp & qdp only for some reason, but I really like the film and want to keep it. It's been a hassle though, even after I cut the pattern from the plotter for example a huge back window pattern I can feel the static coming fromt the film just sticking to me as I walk with it. Anti-static liner? :lol2 I must have a few bad rolls.

try calling the Film manu if you havent already. they may have experience with running it tru a plotter.

out of curiosity, why use a plotter, are you doing tons of cars a day or something?

Yeah I've talked to manufact. , said something about draping copper garland over film & of course its not the time of year to find copper garland. Yeah we do atleast 5 a day and a bunch of dealer work. Even when just pulling film out of box I can hear and feel the static, you ?

never been an issue here in the NW with global . Suntek used to shock the crap out of me tho. :thumb

:lol2 it must be the rolls I have then because I used the carbon and no static at all not even with plotter. :lol2 I prefer the qdp color and clarity over the carbon but geez it shocked a button on my plotter, hopefully I can get this under control.

Archived