In a bit of a pickle

I have a repeat customer who's been very good over the yrs

As luck would have it..he has a 2007 Accord .

I told him I can trim the rubrails ..he didn't want that and I don't blame him . So I told him I don't think I could help him on this one because I can't guarantee the film wont scratch other than using felt wich means taking the doors apart . Thre sounds of this wasn't appealing

I'd like to win this customer back if there is another way...if it's a way that you would not prefer to make public, please PM me if you could . Any insight would be appreciated :dunno

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest VOLTRON

maybe you could do some kind of sanding on the rubbers to smooth them out so they wont scratch. Remember I am not a auto guy so this might sound assinine :dunno

Guest fimmo

bet any money,and I bet your thinking it, the 'other' tinter is just giving the customer what he wants to hear,then as soon as he's not there,the panels will be off etc.

If other tinters are anything like my competion,then they'll make a hash of it and you'll get the r+r and the future work

Guest tintgod

I say let him go to the other guy and find out the hard way the windows will scratch sooner or later...then he will be coming back to you...for an r/r and you saying " I told you so".

and sanding the rubber will not help..if dirt get in bedded in those seals...it will scratch. plus I dont think you will be able to sand them with the panels on.

TW...There is another way to get the felt strip on without taking the panel off...all you have to do is take the two screw out behind the door opener..and you can pop the top off the seal and get the seal out that way.

Guest darkdan

Tell him the other guys will felt it without telling him about it.

Explain you're a professional and you haven't broken a door panel before.

Thanks for the replies...If no one knows of an other alternative in 24hr, I'm thinking of walking away from this one if I can't felt it .

Guest Diamond Tints
bet any money,and I bet your thinking it, the 'other' tinter is just giving the customer what he wants to hear,then as soon as he's not there,the panels will be off etc.

if he's as picky as you say,if the other tinter is anything like my competion,then they'll make a hash of it and you'll get the r+r and the future work

Hey fimmo whos your competition :dunno

Guest Olfablade
I say let him go to the other guy and find out the hard way the windows will scratch sooner or later...then he will be coming back to you...for an r/r and you saying " I told you so".

and sanding the rubber will not help..if dirt get in bedded in those seals...it will scratch. plus I dont think you will be able to sand them with the panels on.

TW...There is another way to get the felt strip on without taking the panel off...all you have to do is take the two screw out behind the door opener..and you can pop the top off the seal and get the seal out that way.

It's only 1 minute more to pull the whole panel :dunno

Archived